here are a few pics of what my "tarpon" looks liek at this point. i started it about a year ago but it sat in a box till this past week. ill be doing it up as a british tarpon flown by a canadian squadron in WWII. not too sure yet at the specific markings yetm so any ideas would be great.they were used by NO. 852 squadron.

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000

That's a superb kit that builds up a treat! Just a small point, 852NAS was a Royal Navy squadron that flew from HMCS Nabob - an RCN carrier. The carrier crew were Canadian but the air group were all British FAA. My friend's father was a TAG with 852 & aboard Nabob when she was torpedoed. He died just a few weeks ago. AFAIK, there were no RCN Avenger units.

:blink: hmmm. well...i guess ill be doing it up as a british aircraft that flew off of a canadian carrier.

thanks for the info!!! my references never mention that it was manned by british personnel. it only mentions that it was an FAA squadron that didnt convert over to the RCN and that it served on a canadian carrier.

sean

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to pull this one out after a little while on the shelf. i got the flaps installed, and did a BIT of work on the interior. ill have pics of the interior once i get a bit more done on it. i have a couple of smaller peices that need to be painted and detailed before its all done.

HPIM0934.jpg

HPIM0935.jpg

sean

• 4 weeks later...

I got some detail picked out on the interior. all i have left is a slight silver dry brushing and i can put it all together. it took me a bit as i had to wait for acces to an airbrush to get some parts painted.

here is what she looks like right now.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Progress is coming along with this one. its all priemd and im focusing my efforts on the Barracuda so i can pre-shade..paint..etc, etc at the same tiem with these two since they will have the exact same camo.

things went ALOT faster with one by using the lessons learnt wihtthe Canadian AS.3 and not having to do major surgery.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

sean

• 2 weeks later...