aircraftresourcecente

Hey guys

well lookes like i stirred up a hornets nest.

Just to let you know i do a odd AFV, figur, ships, Car now and then for fun.

And I also build all my Aircraft for fun, as you will see if you look at my models always OOB,.

what i was trying to say that this is a Aircraft forum, and a very good one, easy to overwiev, prop, jet etc., compared to Huberscale wich i find without structure, when looking at posts.

So when i want to look at AFV, Cars etc I go to the appropriate forums, so please let us keep this af Aircraft forum.

Billede%20054.jpg

Billede%20055.jpg

Billede%20056.jpg

Billede%20057.jpg

Billede%20058.jpg

cheers

Jes

Edited by Touvdal
It'll never fly. :)

We could maybe fit it in a C-17, or slung under a Chinook.

Or how about carried by a pair of African Swallows, they could grab it by the husk, or suspend it from a length of creepaaaa.

Good Morning ARC

Ian

I have no problems with the occasional diversion from aircraft here on ARC. I build almost nothing but planes but I do dabble in armor and rarely cars. I used to have little patience for off-topic threads (health, relationships, bureaucracy, etc.) but I realized that some members may be socially isolated through health, geography or other factors and this is a community of mostly like minded individuals and allows a degree of interaction with familiar yet anonymous ARC members.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I look forward to the start of ARC armor.

Keep up the good work Steve.

Ed

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, if your latest knitted tea cosy qualifies as a model, then yes, please fell free to post it. Rules of the Road allow for posting of pics of models for critique

Fair point, and I understand all sides of this argument, what I don't understand though is why whenever people are criticised or questioned, they become so militant and defensive:

"Nobody can question ME! If I want to do something, then that makes it right because I am so important and special, if anyone disagrees with me, it must be THEM that is wrong"

Its not really nice, I've seen it happen all over ARC as well as elsewhere, people might be able to cope with a critique of their models, but not of themselves it seems

Recently i have seen more AFV several places in this forum, I do not think that is right, there is a very good forum for AFV

http://www.missing-lynx.com/

wich i use when i what to look at AFV's.

So moderators please stop this pratice

cheers

Jes

Geez....Why should I (or we) care? Plastic is plastic. Fun is fun. We're all a part of a fellowship...a Fraternity if you will. I don't do armor but I learn from those guys. Their weathering techniques kick the crap out of most A/C modelers...including me.

Besides....many (if not most) WWII A/C models were flying -tanks-, flying -APV's-...heck, wasn't there even an A/C called the "Flying Boxcar" back in the 50's?

I love that stuff!! Adds diversity!!

Paul

Personally i didnt join this forum to see loads of c*** about non-aviation subjects! i think all you people are sad, weird, fools who should be barred, or shot, or at least painted yellow and hung from a pole (the stick thing not the countryman!)!!!!!

Now i've got that off my chest i must go and finish that M26 Dragon Wagon, the first model i have attempted since leaving my job sailing the seven seas (where part of my job was to help shoot down fly boyz!)!!!!!!

OOPS - seems i am that freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IRONY

Well I'm not sure how it would achieve flying capabilities but it is the boss ride of the carrier air group. Plus it's Sidewinder capable, so I guess it's okay to post it here Frank...

while the actual range is classified, I assure you it will fly - but lets just say it's range imposes some tactical limitations.

The good news is that it's invulnerable to every known conventional Anti Aircraft system.

Fair point, and I understand all sides of this argument, what I don't understand though is why whenever people are criticised or questioned, they become so militant and defensive:

"Nobody can question ME! If I want to do something, then that makes it right because I am so important and special, if anyone disagrees with me, it must be THEM that is wrong"

Its not really nice, I've seen it happen all over ARC as well as elsewhere, people might be able to cope with a critique of their models, but not of themselves it seems

over 10 years of hanging around these sites, mostly what I see are not the people who posted the model being upset by critique. It's others who feel the critique is unfair. This causes the "critiquer" (and those who feel like jumping in) to become militant and defensive. This is especially true when the critiquer isn't actually critiquing the build as much as using it as an excuse to launch into a tirade about something he doesn't approve of (preshading, weathering, academy F-16s)...

"Nobody can question ME! If I want to CRITIQUE something, then that makes it right because I am so important and special and knowledgable in the subject matter! How can people learn if they aren't critiqued? I'm only trying to help, and these thin skinned types, who only want to hear praises for thier works are the problem- not me!"

Frankly it's not individuals that are the problem - it's usually a dynamic between people who don't communicate effectively. The approach most sites take to stem the very disruptive flame wars that result from this sort of thing is to flat out disallow unsolicited critique. This doesn't mean that critique doesn't occur, not is it not tolerated. Actually there is plenty of it on every site. Mostly it's polite exchanges between "modelers" . I am in complete agreement with the notion that there should be no tolerance of unsolicited "critique". This keeps a few problem personalities at bay - distracting then, and causing them to "r ant" about the policy of not allowing critique. Which is much better than them laying waste to the progress pics and galleries with the flame wars that will surely follow if they are allowed to say what they think.

Since it causes such a stink everwhere it's done, I am pretty sure it's not unique to ARC.

Edited by FrankC

I luv'm all guy's & gal's,keep'm coming! :whistle: I've built cars,planes,trucks,sci-fi,ships etc and really enjoy looking at everyone's pics posted of what-ever, and I will never tire of it. I pretty well build only aircraft now but can appreciate all other builds to.

just my 2 cents as Smithery says :taunt:

Tony

Great work simulating the fabric, sir. How do you get the 'cloth' folds looking that realistic?
What I normally do is get a grandmother and a crocheting hook. I then add some wool, leave for a week, and voilà. The physical properties of the grandmother act on the wool, with the crocheting hook as the catalyst, and turn the raw wool into the finished product.

my 0.02:

if we always tell others that modelling is an art form and, of course, really it is; then in no way is armor or cars not an art form. it's just a different way of drawing the same picture - and if you allow it, you might learn something from it! Armor diaroma bases could easily have the armor taken out, and a crashed WW2 fighter put in the same place..

drPepper