aircraftresourcecente

So late to the party, so much to say!!! But I'll hold my tongue for the most part. Just wanted to say one little thing, though...

If we banned armour, would dioramas ("dioramae"?) with armour in them still be allowed? What about aircraft carriers covered in little 1/350th scale planes? Would they be banned? Where do we draw the line? Where will the craziness end? Are we all doomed?!?!?

Me, I love a bit of variety - at least a tank isn't a teenjet <ducks for cover>

ps: only kidding folks. Well, except that bit about teenjets.... :thumbsup:

mmm chili...

anyways, armor is enjoyable to build. Except for tracks. I hate tracks, I FEAR tracks... But I do like figures...

My three latest figure WIP:

#1, trying to get the ACU down pat

legs-4done.jpg

#2, sculpted Body Armor/sunglasses

DSCN4011.jpg

#3, Vehicle Crewman, in the 6 color desert camo (chocolate chip)

DSCN3993.jpg

Take care,

Austin

mmm chili...

anyways, armor is enjoyable to build. Except for tracks. I hate tracks, I FEAR tracks... But I do like figures...

My three latest figure WIP:

#1, trying to get the ACU down pat

#2, sculpted Body Armor/sunglasses

#3, Vehicle Crewman, in the 6 color desert camo (chocolate chip)

Take care,

Austin

Hey, they're really good - that camo looks great in the first pic, just the right level of fadedness (yeah I know, not a word. But it should be...).

If everyone posts their armour we could thread-jack this into a critique! :banana:

I'm gonna add to all of the "armor madness" talk.

Here's the first ever armor model I ever entered in a contest. The contest was back in the fall of 1991. There were no commercially available M1A1 kits at the time I built this model (January 1991). The Academy kit was not out yet and Tamiya wouldn't have their's released for some time afterwards. What I did was use the A.E.F. Designs M1A1 conversioin set on the Tamiya M1 Abrams. The conversion set was so badly damaged when it arrived at my door that all I ended up using were the 120mm gun and turret. Everything else was scratch-built (a first for me at the time). The figures are Verlinden. My references for painting the figures and the vehicle came from a Time magazine that I found in my doctor's office. The Gulf War had just finished and these were the only photos I could find. Having built a few A1's since I know that there are detailing errors in this model. But it turned out okay for what little references I had.

I entered the kit in the "Armor - Fully Tracked" catagory. The judges opted to create a second catagory "Armor Conversion - Fully Tracked" and I took first place. I must admit though, some guy had a Sherman gun carriage conversion in the same catagory and I felt that his work was much more detailed and should have won first

Randy

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

I'll see your green truck and raise you a blue one!

Homeland.jpg

ok, i fold. you win. i notice there's no window on one of those doors.....what exactly does the Dept. Of Homeland Security do behind THAT door? :thumbsup:

very nice build btw.

Edited by niart17

Believe me, you really don't want to know what HLS does behind closed doors! If you did you would buiild a bunker in your yard and start collecting ammunition! Actually I don't think Homeland Security knows what their doing behind those closed doors themselves! :wacko:

But that is a cool looking , I liked the Box truck as well, The diesel stain on the tank looked convincing.

Regards,

Robert

Edited by hobby1268