Welcome to the '08 Nats Forum!

Hey Folks,

August will be here before you know it! We're hoping to get the buzz going early this year, and we're looking forward to seeing all of our good friends again this August. In addition to being the host site for the Nats, Virginia Beach is also a great vacation spot, so you might even want to consider combining your Nats experience with a family vacation. :D

Of course, IPMS Tidewater is no stranger to hosting the Nationals, having hosted previous conventions in 1996 and 2002. I'm sure we're all looking forward to enjoying the efforts of the veteran Tidewater crew this August, as their past experience will almost certainly be a factor in running a top-notch show.

Lynn Ritger, the '08 Nats Webmaster and Convention committee member, will no doubt be along shortly. He'll be acting as our guest moderator for this forum, providing news and updates on convention activities, and will be on hand to answer questions about the show. We're very pleased to have Lynn on board in this capacity.

At any rate, the forum is live! Post your questions, announce your intentions, and start planning....I can almost hear the bartender cracking open the Coronas already! :blink:

Oh, I'll be kicking those tires all right. Kicking them on my sweet rental, a white Chevy Cobalt. And when I drop the hammer down on that baby, you'll see some fire...

Now if I can only find a short fighter pilot, a pugnacious cop, a balding Canadian, and a skinny teenager, this misfits club on wheels would be ready to roll into Nationals...

Oh, I'll be kicking those tires all right. Kicking them on my sweet rental, a white Chevy Cobalt. And when I drop the hammer down on that baby, you'll see some fire...

Now if I can only find a short fighter pilot, a pugnacious cop, a balding Canadian, and a skinny teenager, this misfits club on wheels would be ready to roll into Nationals...

What are the odds that such an unlikely team of superheroes could be assembled from the cosmos? In a Chevy Neon Cobalt, no less? :whistle:

Good times...:rofl:

What are the odds...:whistle:

Edited by AnthonyWan
From Raptors to Rentals

Gotta keep the speed-is-life mantra going. After all, what's the fastest car in the universe? A rental.

What's the only known wheeled vehicle that can go 100mph in reverse?

A rental.

Can this thing handle going offroad over that center curb on Las Vegas Blvd? Of course, it's a rental!

Granted, rentals that are covered by US Govt insurance are even BETTER performers, but I'll take what I can get. I plan on using mine to clear out traffic jams in the tunnel.

To keep this on topic...what's anybody planning to build?

I plan on using mine to clear out traffic jams in the tunnel.

If you can do this, as God and ARC are my witnesses, I will vote for you as President. :blink: I have to deal with the HRBT every single day and it absolutely sucks most days. The only thing that makes up for it is seeing the gorgeous sunrise over the harbor. <_<

Lynn

From Raptors to Rentals....WACO is the man!!

Still can't figure out how a man who flies the most sophisticated thing on this planet could get lost in KC with the likes of his passengers. Cmon, I had Scott and Geoff in tow, with Darren and Gordon leading the way, it was truly a circus act with 3-4 clown cars in a row....Looking forward to a repeat! I'm in.

Jeff (the less pugnacious cop)

Edited by jefropas
Lynn,

You haven't seen him drive yet. Having sat in the passenger seat of that Chevy Neon Cobalt, I can honestly say that I think he's serious.

You want serious? This time I'm bringing my leather driving gloves with the holes cut out of the knuckles.

1653ed876aa2013f89002261cdc2_740.jpg

We ARE model nerds after all.

Ok, its Official ...thats the grossest thing I've ever seen posted on a modeling forum....if Jason Funderbuck shows up with that Old Biker Chick photo of his its now #2....

MY EYES!!!! That is truly hideous.

What are the dates for the Nats? I know I've gotta be in Indiana one weekend for the Indiana Rangers reunion, but otherwise, I'll be there with some fling-wing stuff in tow.

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian