- Sky's Decals - New IAF A-4 "Ayit" Decals for all scale

Decals look great - what would be required to make the IAF N version out of the 1/32 Has A-4? I see that CE has a set for the H version and for bulged intakes; I assume that would be a start?

Yes, it would be a start. You would also need the BB A-4M cockpit. The real big sticking point, however, is that you need a new windscreen and canopy for the M/N and no aftermarket company has made that. You can swipe a windscreen from the TA-4 kits, but you are on your own for the canopy and modifying the area of the fuselage around the canopy.

Hoi,

Is there a hard and fast rule as to which IDF/AF A-4s received the upgraded engine (and bigger intakes)? Would the "Battering Ram" A-4F be a "standard" A-4F with 30mm's and extended exhaust?

Later

Ruud

Hoi,

Is there a hard and fast rule as to which IDF/AF A-4s received the upgraded engine (and bigger intakes)? Would the "Battering Ram" A-4F be a "standard" A-4F with 30mm's and extended exhaust?

Later

Ruud

I think that most, if not all, of the -H and -F models were eventually upgraded with the bigger engine and the avionics hump. I don't believe the -E models were.

Hoi,

Later

Ruud

Ruud,

Exept few "E" planes,all others got long exhausts+DEFA guns.

The "TA"s have the long pipe,retained their 20mm that weren't used(some were removed and faired over).

Bigger intakes? I still can't figure them out :worship:

Take a look at my walkarounds of all types(exept TA) and judge by yourself:

http://www.primeportal.net/photo_home/isaa...rshman_home.htm

Isaac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just got my decal set from Sprue Brothers and they are great! I want to make the A-4N from the Flying Tigers. Did Haseagawa make a A-4N or do I use the A-4M kit with the Cutting Edge tail extension?

Even if you do get the -N boxing, you are still better off getting the CE conversion. Hasegawa's -N is in the early delivery configuration and lacks the the tailpipe extension. Not only that, the white metal 30mm cannon aren't correct. For some reason Hasegawa made them with perforated barrels, when they should be smooth.

Ron,

Here are all available sets in 1/48 from Cutting edge:

www.scalemodelworld.net/2472rj

www.scalemodelworld.net/2czfxe

www.scalemodelworld.net/ywkntk

www.scalemodelworld.net/2gsnyn

www.scalemodelworld.net/2eef4c

The H conv. does include the guns.

I think N and M kits are the same,M having some extra bumps.

Isaac