Thought for today

We've all heard the jokes, one example being "helicopters don't have aerodynamics, they're so ugly that the ground repels them." But doing a crossword today, I realised that "helicopter" is an anagram of "cheer pilot".

:D

And who says helicopters are ugly?!

Well you have to admit, there are a few that could aspire to be only ugly. :banana:

They beat the ground into submission beneath them.

I'd heard it as "they beat gravity into submission"... works good too.

But doing a crossword today, I realised that "helicopter" is an anagram of "cheer pilot".

You've got way too much time on your hands. :D

Nah, just kiddin'. Very attentive! :banana:

There is a saying in Russia that helicopters are the souls of fallen tanks. I thought its pritty interesting or even a bit "romantic" :-))

A very interesting idea. :D

:worship:

Cheer pilot... hmmm...

The ground's actually quite attracted to helicopters! :P

Jon

I think it's the other way around, helicopters are attracted to dirt....Airplanes want to fly, let go of the controls in an airplane, and it's quite possible that it'll fly till it runs outa gas ( and some cases, land themselves ie, the F-106 at Wright Pat)...do that in a helicopter, and you can see from where you are at that point the chunk of real estate your about to hit. Helicopters dont WANT to fly, their like riding a horse, your 'in control' of a beast that's not particularly happy about it, and also like riding a horse, sometimes they decide that you are NOT in charge......Settling with power, LTE,etc,etc Ride em' cowboy...... :P

Also think about this the German word for Helicopter is Hubeshrauber or something close to that "sorry mine Deutcher ist kline". And if I am correct( if not please correct me) it litterally means to screw down. SO I am a screw down pilot :thumbsup::banana: Erick

Edited by CW4 Erick Swanberg
Also think about this the German word for Helicopter is Hubeshrauber or something close to that "sorry mine Deutcher ist kline". And if I am correct( if not please correct me) it litterally means to screw down. SO I am a screw down pilot :cheers::doh: Erick

I'm happy to be a Screw down guy, and not a Suck and Blow like a jet guy!

Edited by SSgtd6152

Well, to get some native german in here: "Hubschrauber" is made out of two words: "Hub" is a short term for "heben", which means "to lift". "Schrauber" comes from "Schraube", which usually is something that spins, for instance we have the verb "schrauben" - "to spin". "Eine Schraube" is "a screw". :doh:

HAJO