Greetings

HAving now figured out how to post photo's, here is my attempt at a Mossie Conversion. Its a Tamiya kit, with an eduard zoom set (mainly for the harnesses) and a Verlinden conversion set. This has sat in my pile for the last few years and this seemed a good time to blow the dust off.

PC040162.jpg

PC040169.jpg

Cockpit shots prior to assembly

PC040219.jpg

The chopping up begins, I always find it satisfying butchering a Crabfat aircraft to marinise it

PC040221.jpg

Nose test fit, not looking too bad

More updates later :thumbsup:

The chopping up begins, I always find it satisfying butchering a Crabfat aircraft to marinise it

More updates later :cheers:

:doh:

Welcome aboard fella, good to see you tackling this one. The Mossie lines somehow suit Fleet Air Arm colours.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all

just a quick update, unfortunately work has got in my way and she hasn't progressed very much, and then came Crimbo and she was stalled even more. But progress has been made eventually.

First off modifying the undercariage, turned out to be a bit of tricky but perservered until....

338.jpg

disaster, I droped it on the floor and took a huge step to clear out the area, but it bounced further than i thought. Despite my lightfootedness....CRUNCH! :wierdo:

Mossie003.jpg

It will need some care and attention but should be recoverable.....eventually.

After a bit of cleaning up the nose and other attachments were fitted and all looks well. The nose required a bit of filler but does look nice, It was sprayed in white primer and masked, I will leave it in its primed state.

Next was the masking and priming with Halfords primer

Mossie001.jpg

Mossie002.jpg

After a bit of rubbing down of any flaws, she is now ready for her final coat, I debated on the finish. Either silver or the two tone scheme, I opted for two tone as I have the decal set for that one, but did fancy doing something different. The underside has now been sprayed and is curing for a few days before I do the upper surface. More picks to follow

Cheers now

Bob :)

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all

In the last week or so the build has moved on quite well.

Bob012.jpg

She has been sprayed and demasked and is looking quite nice. The EDSG came up quite matt but I thought i would see how the cutting Edge decals would sit and they seem to sit well so I am cracking on! I went for some bright red Prop spinners, the instructions said EDSG but I know some aircraft had red ones, not sure if this particular aircraft had them but i'm applying a bit of artistic licence which i am fully entitled to right! :taunt:

Bob008.jpg

Bob010.jpg

The undercarriage painted and ready for detailing and weathering

Bob014.jpg

One wing detailed, washed and matted, not looking too bad. Not sure about the decal over the landing light so trimmed around it, just awaiting to fit more wing fold detail. Next is death by decalling :woo:

Until the next time

Cheers now

:salute: