VF-103guy AKA Brian Marbrey. Bad trader. Lousy communicator.

Well, if Sabre's going down, I'll be going down with him .

Stef

Sabre ain't goin no where cause I got his six. Back to back all the way down. If Jim says somethin ain't fair then it probably isn't. I think one of Jim's points is "ya gotta have communication no matter what" once you stop this process things go down hill really fast.

I believe when you strike a deal and the other person has paid or sent there item in a speedy manner,the same curtosy should be extended. If you know your job might interfere with you completeing a transaction in a timely manner,then don't do it,wait until the time is better. There's nothing worst than paying for an item or sending your part of a trade only to find,sorry things happened,I'll finish my part of the deal as soon as I get a chance when you've already waited a month!That's just crap and a cop out in my books.

Good comm usually means good deals

Just my 50cents

Tony

Not much more can be said here.. I learned my lesson with Brian already and I'm dissapointed that I most likely will never do business with him again... Not worth the aggrivation.. But I must echo that communication is KEY......

Dave

OK I think this is said and done :) Lets not turn this into everyone jump on the Brian bandwagon because he was slow and this and that. Everyone here has had there slow times on getting things out to people, me included. No one is perfect, Brian has said his peace. Has he intentionally set out to screw anyone no, if he sent an order out and you didnt get it take it up with the post office, No need to keep beating this into the ground. I can say I haven't had a problem with Brian and will continue to trade with him and if it takes a while thats fine cause I know his word is good enough for me. Erick

Question, whats the post office gonna do when you "take it up with them". You stroll in there and tell them a guy in Alabama sent you some decals a month ago, but you've not heard from him in 3-4 weeks. They're gonna look at you like you got two heads! I'm sure they'll help you out. Yeah, right! Lesson learned on this thread, communication always fixes the problem.

Chuck

Some people here seem to have missed the point of my original posting. To those, I ask that you re-read my first post again.

To me it speaks volumes that in the over two months since I paid, I have sent Mr Marbrey 11 or 12 emails/PMs in attempts to contact him. In return in those 2 months I got back 3 replies, the last two within an hour of each other and with contradicting information.

Within 46 minutes of a Bad Trader notice I manage to get his attention.

My point was not mainly the delay in the posting of the decals, or even the non-posting of the decals. My point was that if they HAD been posted, I needed to know WHEN so that I could track them down at my end. All through this episode, and still as of this moment, I still can't confirm when or even if they had been posted. So if they are lost out there, what am I to do?

All this would have taken all along is a one line email or pm saying, "Sorry, I haven't posted them yet but as soon as I do I'll send you a mail". or "I posted them on the 2nd November". This would have taken all of 45 seconds to complete. About the same time as it takes to post a one-liner on here. It is the lack of information and communication, not merely the delay, that is at issue here.

Having sad that, Mr Marbrey has indeed refunded my money and made both a public and private apology to me. As far as I am concerned the matter is now closed. Those of you who are reading this can make up your own minds whether or not to trade with Mr Marbrey in the future. That is the point of this forum.

As for those of you who have other issues with Mr Marbrey, in the interest of fairness I ask that unless you have also been left wondering if your 1/72 decals are posted or not, to refrain from posting in this thread. If you have other issues with him I suggest starting your own BT thread if you cannot contact him directly.

Stef-

I know you have been ill at me for some time, and I would like to make a mends with you if you're willing to accept.

Well alright ! It's almost Christmas - a time of peace - so why not .

BUT ! Quit the complaining and the excusing . If time's so precious and rare to you - take less orders, work with delays . And most of all warn the people .

There's nothing wrong with the products - I testify that - so those will always sell themselves .

Even if sometimes it takes "a bit" longer . ( There's an example of somebody taking orders for things in limited batches ; it works . And the people know in what batch they are and hence how long they're gonna have to wait . )

And just for fun : :thumbsup:

Ah, that felt good .

Stef

Ok, fair enough.

I'll work harder at communicating, and keep the personal life at home.

Roy-

Thank you.

I will gladly send 2 free copies of the 1/72 combo sheet if you'll accept them.

Chuck-

I'll look a little further into your decals because I know I sent them off.

Edited by VF-103guy

I also bought one of the 72nd scale combo sheets. I've got nothing to complain about, as my decals arrived in a timely manner.

EDIT: E-mail sent regarding the placement guides. Had all but forgotten about those. :worship:

YET ANOTHER EDIT: For whatever reason, my e-mail provider won't send e-mails to your address.

AND NOW FOR EDIT#3: Got the placement guides! Thanks a lot! :cheers:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
I will also post brian as a bad trader

since i have made a deal almost couple of years ago before VF Decals produce the Jolly Rogers History Sheet for my Aeroaster VFA-34 Blue Basters sheet

since that day

i have seen a model build from Brian with those decals i send to him

and i have never seen those VF-84/103 Jolly Roger sheet

i contact him and he said that with my order of VF-103 last Cruise sheet he will send some extras as a trade for the F-18 sheet but....

nothing come up

thats my story....

George

G'day George,

I've gotta say, in the words of my sailors when they detect utter bull...t, "You are red hot." For those that don't know our George, this might clarify and amuse those who find it ironic that he is posting in another thread on 'Bad Traders'. George, from the ample evidence provided by many people in that thread, your practices and communication are abysmal, so I think it best you either 'fess up and send the items you owe me or refund the money paid in order to qualify yourself to comment on another's performance.

Sorry to everyone else for my little diatribe and I realise that it contributes zero to this thread, but I'm a little dumbstruck by the gall of this bloke. Deadset amazed.

Back to normal programming,

Andrew

G'day George,

I've gotta say, in the words of my sailors when they detect utter bull...t, "You are red hot." For those that don't know our George, this might clarify and amuse those who find it ironic that he is posting in another thread on 'Bad Traders'. George, from the ample evidence provided by many people in that thread, your practices and communication are abysmal, so I think it best you either 'fess up and send the items you owe me or refund the money paid in order to qualify yourself to comment on another's performance.

Sorry to everyone else for my little diatribe and I realise that it contributes zero to this thread, but I'm a little dumbstruck by the gall of this bloke. Deadset amazed.

Back to normal programming,

Andrew

This is about the time the little dude pops up on the bottom of the screen and goes "Toasty!"

• 3 months later...

One more for Brian....Got an F/A-18F kit from him last week. Three days after sending the Paypal pmt I get an email from him saying that he was laid up with food poisoning and it would be a couple of days before the kit was mailed. He also said that he would " make it up to me for the delay". At the time I thought this to be good communication, The kit arrived a week after I paid for it and ....get this....it came with an extra decal sheet AND a Black Box pit. The man is golden as far as I'm concerned. I've had a few dealings with Brian over the past few months and have never had any probs.....Cliff

Got to say I have done a few deals with Brian with no problems.

Ok he was slow with the decals but he did keep us up to date with his work comitments etc.

I just did a deal for a kit and went 100%, he even let me off a bit of the shipping costs to the UK.

Cheers Brian.

Julien