'03 TMOTA CF-188 Hasegawa/Legends/FlightDecs 1/48

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, Im back at this one. I'd like to take it to the show at CFB Sherwater this weekend so I figured Id attempt to fix my little booboo.

after I spilled the liquid cement, the colors of the black decals on the inner flaps ran. I attempted to touch them up, but I screwed them up royally in the process...

Here's the before shots.

TMOTAHornet027.jpg

TMOTAHornet028.jpg

TMOTAHornet026.jpg.

To save time, instead of stripping and repainting the parts, I simply used the parts from another kit that is to recive a low vis scheme. I can strip them when I do the other kit.

So after painting and masking, here is what I came out with. Not perfect, but I am much happer with these

TMOTAHornet032.jpg

TMOTAHornet031.jpg

Once I have the new parts clearcoated and attached. I will take some final pics and post in the completed section.

That is gorgeous! What a terrific job on that difficult paint scheme, "Brass" would love to see that in his office. Great inspiration for other like myself to tackle this project! Probably the last of the all painted fuselage CF-18's.....

Cheers,

HAZER

Edited by HAZER