Question about Future

Hey gang,

I'm getting back into modelling with a project for a GB and while digging out all my old tools and stuff, I ran across an "old" bottle of Future. I don't exactly remember how old it is, but I was wondering if this stuff goes bad? Don't get me wrong, I can afford a new bottle, but the one I found's practically new!

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

-O(mar)

Hey gang,

I'm getting back into modelling with a project for a GB and while digging out all my old tools and stuff, I ran across an "old" bottle of Future. I don't exactly remember how old it is, but I was wondering if this stuff goes bad? Don't get me wrong, I can afford a new bottle, but the one I found's practically new!

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

-O(mar)

Eventually, Future will start to thicken, but it takes a few years if you keep the bottle closed. When is appears more viscious and doesn't flow or spray as well, it's time for a new bottle.

HTH

Ed

I am using a bottle from 3 years ago, at least, without any problem..

Rafael Winter

Yes it does go bad. I have heard the shelf life is 5 years.

I had a bottle that was 10 years old and had even Tamiya tape pulling it up after masking over it.

That one doesn't sound familiar. This is what you want:

...snip...

The bottle looks the same, so does the product inside. The Future logo appears smaller on the label, along with the "Acrylic Protection" blurb.

So it could be the same thing forced into their Pledge product line, or a cleaner that just has the floor finish added.

Oh well, only one way to find out.

And here is another helpful hint. If you dip a canopy in future or brush it on, or any clear parts for that matter, and you are not satisfied with the results, for what ever reason, get some Windex with ammonia pour it in a small container put the part in it and let it soak for a while, the windex will strip the future of the part and you can start over again.

This method also applies for painted clear parts that have been applied with future. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the paint job due to some screw up, the Windex will strip the paint along with the coat of future.

Cheers <_<

Andy G