B-24 Question

I have a step uncle whose father flew in the B-24's in WWII. There has been a lot of discussion on having his my step uncles son build a model of a B-24. He is only ten or twelve or there abouts. He has only a few kits under his belt. Time may be an issue here. I think my step uncles father is gaining in years as all WWII vets are and I think the idea is for the young lad to build one before it is too late per say. I have several reservations. I don't think that he has too may kits built. I don't think he has ever airbrushed. Any one else have any thoughts?

Let the little lad build away and do his own thing. However the model turns out a veteran will be absolutely delighted that such a young person will have given time and effort in making such a wonderful gift.

peebeep

I think it's an absolutely wonderful idea, as like so many here I began modeling even earlier than this. Considering the subject matter and it's importance, coupled with the options of having him sit and build while learning something instead of wasting away in from of the tv or computer is an added bonus. :blink:

If the old Revell kit is available, you might want to consider it. It's very simple. I remember building one when I was about ten or so with my Dad. Great time.

Similar thoughts apply to the Airfix kit.

Another option of course is to buy a Corgi die-cast. They're very nice-looking.

Edited by Dr. Tran