1/72 Su-37 from Berkut/Zvezda/Nakotne/Encore

Thank you very much for your comments guys!!!

Haneto:

I don't know the technics to work with resin and sylicon molds <_< , I wish to learn them some day... :cheers: , any way it's too late to try to obtain the mold, because the top ends of the intakes are in their place now...

What can you tell me about your resin items of the pylons and weapons for the Flanker? are them available now? I think that them could save me some headaches...

Saludos

I don't know the technics to work with resin and sylicon molds :yahoo: , I wish to learn them some day... :whistle: , any way it's too late to try to obtain the mold, because the top ends of the intakes are in their place now...

What can you tell me about your resin items of the pylons and weapons for the Flanker? are them available now? I think that them could save me some headaches...

Saludos

Actually I have the same problem with you——an absolute amature of resin casting.

So that's why the quantity of resin pylons and missiles is still quite limited for my own use.

(To be honest,I don't even have the entire missle parts in my hands now,except the master.)

If you need the pylons,send me a PM and I'll look for some.

Yufei

• 2 weeks later...

Tancist:

I hope you like it!!!........ spasiva

I cant achieve great progress on my build the last weeks, but here you are the news:

I begin with the rivetting of the air intekes, this is my first one, so please be pacient....

Su-37_Berkut_0228.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0229.jpg

I do a lot of mistakes, I need to refill and remake them two times at least..... ;) , that's the reason of the blue paint, I need to see the definitive lines and rivets...

Su-37_Berkut_0230.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0232.jpg

I think that I need to switch to another secction of the plane for a while or I will turn crazy; so I start to work on the wings.

They need to be enlarged too, so I added a styrene beam near to the trailing edge:

Su-37_Berkut_0400.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0401.jpg

The raised lines where erased, and new ones where placed:

Su-37_Berkut_0402.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0403.jpg

Here I do a pair of mistakes too, but they where repaired quick.

I wish you like it.

Saludos

Ivan:

Muchas gracias por tus cometarios, en realidad creo que todo lo que tenga que ver con el modelismo es adictivo, a excepción de las suspensiones y las orugas de los blindados......

Dragan:

For the long-step rivets I traced a line and marked a rivet each 1mm with the needle of a compass, it is a really hard steel!!!

For the short step ones I use my home made "rivetter", and as you can see I have to improve my welding skills....

01.jpg

02.jpg

It is made from brass pipe, brass sheet and rods, compass spares, wood, hipodermic needle for the shaft and a little clock gear wich I can shift for another ones to change the rivet step; it took to me a whole day to assamble it and I'm still learning to use it.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The step of this particular gear is aprox. 4 rivets per mm, it is good for me :D

Hope it's useful for you!!!

Saludos

• 1 month later...

After one month without updates is time for a little one...

During the last week i was comparing all the scale draws wich i have on my hands :cheers: , because i just don't like the wings and control surfaces on the Berkut's kit: they are too thick. :deadhorse1:

I compared the draws against all the Flanker Family plastic kits wich I have: Su-27 from Airfix, Italeri and Hasegawa; Su-27UB from Heller, Su-33 from Italeri; Su-34 from Italeri and Su-37 from Berkut.

The draws are: Su-27, Su-33, Su-33UB, Su-34 from Aviatsya y Vremya magazine, the Su-37 by Hubert Cance, Su-27 from Poligon and Su-33 by S. Kuzmin, and my conclusions are:

Horizontal Tail plane

I found 3 principal shapes:

* Su-27, Su-27UB, Su-30, Su-32FN/34, Su-35, Su-37.-The first is the most common shape, i don't found textual info that denies this but if you have it please let me know!!! (Master Flankerman are you there?)

The best draws are Su-27 and Su-34 from Aviatsya y Vremya magazine, and plastic parts are well represented by Airfix Su-27 and Italeri Su-27.

* Su-33.- They have the same overall dimesions and shape that the first type, but are much more complex because the folding system. The best draws are Su-33 from Aviatsya y Vremya magazine and the's no plastic for this.

* Su-33UB.- larger than the other two versions, with no folding system. The best draws (only ones) are Su-33UB from Aviatsya y Vremya magazine, of course there's no plastic for this.

I choose the Italeri's Su-27 parts because they are very thin, although they need a little enlargement. All the raised panel lines where erased, and new ones where placed. They where enlarged with styrene card to match the draws:

Extrados

Su-37_Berkut_0254.jpg

Intrados

Su-37_Berkut_0255.jpg

Thickness

Su-37_Berkut_0256.jpg

The parts can't match with the Su-37 draws by Hubert Cance, the draws are too big.

Su-37_Berkut_0257.jpg

Wings:

I found 3 wing shape types:

* Su-27, Su-27UB, Su-30, Su-32FN/34, Su-35, Su-37.- All these have the same overall shape, only found little differences on panel lines and hatches. There is a variant for this wing shape, the "Early Flanker Series" wich have more panel lines, but the shape is the same.

The best draws for this wing are the Su-27 and Su-34 from Aviatsya y Vremya magazine, and the plastic wings that matches them very well are Su-27 from Airfix, Su-34 from Italeri (a little thick) and in 3th place the Hasegawa's ones.

* Su-33.- this is a very different wing, with enlarged chord, the best draws are from Aviatsya y Vremya magazine, and there's not plastic wings wich matches it, you need scratch buil it.....

*Su-33UB.- another very different wing, it has extended chord and span, is larger than Su-33 ones, but it is much more simpler in terms of hatches and registers, again there's no plastic for this, draws are from Aviatsya y Vremya again....sorry.

I choose work with the Italeri's Su-34 wings, because they have a good shape although they are too thick. I don't liked the Airfix/Heller parts because my copies comes with the wings "twisted".

I cut off the lanuch rail on the wing tip (it is top secret now please wait. Thank you very much Yufei :yahoo: !!!!), then i sand them, all the detail was erased and new panel lines where added (at least on one extrados surface :rolleyes: )

You can see the progress here

Extrados

Su-37_Berkut_0250.jpg

Intrados

Su-37_Berkut_0251.jpg

Thickness

Su-37_Berkut_0253.jpg

New panel lines, in progresssssss....

Su-37_Berkut_0252.jpg

I'm searching some info about the surface datail on the Flanker, unfortunatelly i can't access the aircraftphoto.ru web page and my e-mail have no answer, anybody knows wy?

All your comments are wellcomed.

See you soon!!!

Abraham

• 2 weeks later...

Pavel:

Thank you very much for your help!!!

I need some images of the upper/lower surfaces of the horizontal tail, inside/out side surfaces of the ventral fins and vertical tail from an Su-27UB or Su-35 and the dorsal air brake, but any info that you can give me will be welcomed :thumbsup:

Here some progress on my build, i try to emulate the major part of the detail, but i used too my "artist license" :rolleyes:

As i wrote, i used the Italeri's Su-34 wings, all the engraved panel lines where sanded off, and the wole wing was thinned. New pannel lines & details where engraved and the control surfaces where cutted off.

Here the upper surfaces:

Su-37_Berkut_0258.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0259.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0260.jpg

The lower surfaces

Su-37_Berkut_0261.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0262.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0262.jpg

The original pilon holes where filled and new ones where drilled, in the lower surface was applied extensively the "artist's licence" because the lack of images

The trailing edge is the Italeri's wing part, and the leading edge is from the Berkut's kit, these parts aren't still finished, if any bodie have some images they are welcomed!! :woot.gif:

Please let me know your comments.

Saludos

Abraham

Very nice surface details!Well done,Abraham! :deadhorse1:

How will you clean the surface?

I usually use a toothbrush for children which has thinner nylons to brush the surface with water.

Any other goods methods?

Yufei

Nice work, as usually! But(!)

- Su-37 hasn't pilons, that's why there cant be holes for them

- have You already made slats shorter? I hopes that no, couse at their base they have "tooth"

- I dont know sure was there the difference between ventral fins of Su-27 and Su-35/37. I didn't found fins of 37-s, that's why I'll give to You photos of Su-33. I hopes, that they will help You

- the same story with air brake. I know, that there is the difference between brakes of single flanker and two seaters flanker. In any case, I have found photos of Su-27

- take in mind, that fins of Su-27UB and Su-35/37 are VERY different!

Where did You found drawings with rivets? I want them too:)

PS I don't know, how to add attachments here, thats why may I give photos by mail?

PPS guys, sory for my poor english, I need more and more practice. Pleas, tell me if I make mistakes;)

Edited by Pavel SDV

Thank you my friends for all your comments.

Yufei:

I usually use a toothbrush for children which has thinner nylons to brush the surface with water.

Any other goods methods?

thank you for your tip, i was clening the details with a needle and a brush, but i will try with you method :bandhead2:

Pavel:

- Su-37 hasn't pilons, that's why there cant be holes for them

How did i ignore this!!??? :bandhead2: , now i supose that i will build a hipothetic loaded one, because i like the look of a loaded war plane....

- have You already made slats shorter? I hopes that no, couse at their base they have "tooth"

Are you talking about the hinges for the folding system? or about the curved zone where the slat meets the fuselage? i haven't finished the slat parts, so this is the moment to clear my mind...

- take in mind, that fins of Su-27UB and Su-35/37 are VERY different!

I have only a pair of pics of the prototype of th Su-27M, with higher fins with squared tip, and i wish to know if the basic structure of the fins is the same for the Su-27UB regardind the different humps, bumps and registers of each variants.

Where did You found drawings with rivets? I want them too:)

I only found one set of draws that include the rivests details, they are from Poligon and you can find them here:

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/su27.html

They are of an early production batch example but the rivets are hard to see, so i use as main reference the pics of the real thing, like those ones:

http://photoka.info/english.htm

and the pics of the kagero book, but the subject of this book is an early production example too :D

Again thank you very much for your help!!

Tifon:

Mucho gusto en saludarte!!

La herramienta remachadora la construí con tubo y solera de latón de la marca K&S, piezas de repuesto para compás, aguja hipodérmica, engrane de un reloj de pulso y el mango lo hice a partir de una pieza de madera mas grande, en realidad no es muy complicada su construcción, aunque si lo consideras necesario con mucho gusto subiré un documento paso a paso para construir uno.

Saludos

Abraham