1/72 Su-37 from Berkut/Zvezda/Nakotne/Encore

I have only a pair of pics of the prototype of th Su-27M, with higher fins with squared tip, and i wish to know if the basic structure of the fins is the same for the Su-27UB regardind the different humps, bumps and registers of each variants.

Likoyan,

The Su-27UB fin looks like this........

fin_su-27ub.jpg

The Su-27M/Su-35/Su-37 fin looks like this.....

fin_su-35.jpg

More fins here...... http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/flankers_pages/fins.htm

Note that the prototype Su-35 (also known as Su-27M) - bort number 701 at Monino has the 'standard' Su-27 fins - only the later Su-27M's (Su-35's and Su-37 - bort numbers 702 to 712) have the big, square-tipped, 'wet' fin.......

su-35_01.jpg

Great model BTW.... <_<

Ken

How did i ignore this!!??? :) , now i supose that i will build a hipothetic loaded one, because i like the look of a loaded war plane....

You are the master, so only you can deside how will looks your model. But only take in mind, that Su-37 hadn't the weapons control system.

Are you talking about the hinges for the folding system? or about the curved zone where the slat meets the fuselage? i haven't finished the slat parts, so this is the moment to clear my mind...

Yes, about curved zone. I hopes, you have got my mail with photos. There are few nice wievs of it.

Waiting for new updates!

Edited by Pavel SDV

Thanks for your words guys.

Flankerman:

Your help is unvaluable, thanks a lot for the tips!! ;)

Pavel:

Thank you very much for the pics, they are very usefull B)

Here are the news about my build; as i wrote before i use the horizontal tail planes of the Italeri's Su-27 kit, i liked 'em because they are very thin and the size matchs very well with the A i V Magazine draws, i just added some styrene sheet to the tip and added some details as i do with the wing (with some artist´s licence ;)) the pieces aren't finished yet.

Upper surface of the raight tail plane:

Su-37_Berkut_0266.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0267.jpg

And lower surface:

Su-37_Berkut_0268.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0269.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0270.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0271.jpg

I'm still don't know what is the best way to represent the static dischargers, any idea?

Let me know your opinions.

Saludos

Abraham

• 2 weeks later...

Felicitaciones , un trabajo impresionante y limpio, tu elegante herramienta remachadora de kits en 1/72 demuestra su valor extensamente, cierta ves con un un util de costura similar le hice remaches al ala de un clipper boeing 314 en 1/28.8,me vino bien, ya estaba hecha, con el engrane adecuado se puede hacer herramientas remachadoras para cada escala!!

pero, hace poco me dieron un su 37 kit de estos para modificarlo ... a un su 37 , , la misma nariz corta,la misma cabina, el mismo lomo sobreelevado, las mismas carencias en longitud y... un exceso de envergadura, has revisado la proporcion de 22.2/14.7 en el plano?l el plano esta en 1/72?me parece extraño que no le hayas acortado la envergadura estando en 1/72.

creo haberte leido una respuesta en castellano, espero no sea problema para la comunicacion.

Alrite:

Use toothbrush brissles

will

Thank you very much for your tip, i will try with them. :cheers:

Miguel2005lima:

Felicitaciones , un trabajo impresionante y limpio, tu elegante herramienta remachadora de kits en 1/72 demuestra su valor extensamente, cierta ves con un un util de costura similar le hice remaches al ala de un clipper boeing 314 en 1/28.8,me vino bien, ya estaba hecha, con el engrane adecuado se puede hacer herramientas remachadoras para cada escala!!

Muchas gracias por tus comentarios, al igual que cualquier crítica son bienvenidos. La mayor parte de los remaches los he marcado con una punta de repuesto para compás, ya que la remachadora es un poco difícil de controlar en superficies curvas :angry: , siento que tengo un mejor control de esta manera y el resultado es igual de bueno :D

pero, hace poco me dieron un su 37 kit de estos para modificarlo ... a un su 37 , , la misma nariz corta,la misma cabina, el mismo lomo sobreelevado, las mismas carencias en longitud y... un exceso de envergadura, has revisado la proporcion de 22.2/14.7 en el plano?l el plano esta en 1/72?me parece extraño que no le hayas acortado la envergadura estando en 1/72.

creo haberte leido una respuesta en castellano, espero no sea problema para la comunicacion.

Aunque el plano original del Su-37 está en escala 1/72 (la verdad es que está muy alargado y un poco estrechado es decir no concuerda con la relación que mensionas, si ajustas la longitud no coicide la envergadura y viceversa :beer4: ), el plano que bajé directamente de airwar.ru está deformado, por lo que tube que ajustarlo, no recuerdo cuánto hay que aumentarle, porque es más pequeño de lo que debería de ser, sería muy difícil basarme solo en el plano del su-37, es por eso que me he auxiliado con los dibujos del Su-27, Su-33 y Su-34.

La verdad es que las alas con las que cuenta el kit no me gustaron del todo, en primer lugar son muy gruesas, y la forma no coincide del todo con las del avión real (la flecha del borde de fuga es lo mas obvio), es por eso que las he sustituído por las alas del Su-34 de Italeri (aunque también las he tenido que adelgazar), que coinciden perfectamente con los dibujos del Su-27 y Su-34 de las revistas Aviatsia i Vremia, aunque como tu mensionas tendré que hacer algunas correcciones al hacer el ensamble. Las unicas piezas del kit que he tomado son los slats (bordes de ataque) que he tenido que adelgazar.

Magic

Awesome!!!

I built the Berkut Su-27 and have the Nakotne Su-37 on my stash.

Excellent job so far! Hope to see more soon.

Thank you very much for your words, i hope that you find something usefull for your build here!! :D

Saludos

Abraham

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Thundervett, thank you for your words. :thumbsup:

Have been so long since the last up date, so it's time for a little one, very little....... <_<

I have worked on the horizontal tails, i added the triangular shaped elementes attached on the inner side of each plane

Su-37_Berkut_0276.jpg

I take the italeri's Su-27 parts and reshaped them, they are too wide and too short

Su-37_Berkut_0277.jpg

for the front end i added 1/2 circle styrene rod, i can't found pics of that parts, so maybe they are wrong but it's late...

Before gluing...

Su-37_Berkut_0278.jpg

Attached parts

Su-37_Berkut_0279.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0280.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0281.jpg

Now i only need to add a pair of rivet details, the "shaft" and polish the parts, i'm seriously thinking about cast the parts for the rest of my flanker kits, there are just one matter: I never have do that :lol:

What do you think, any ideas?

The static dischargers will be the last details to be added.

Saludos

Abraham

• 4 weeks later...

That's a very fine job... I have the same kit and I'll build a Su-35 from it. I read that the kit is about 9 mm shorter than it should be (Thanks to Ken Duffey). I supose you will relocate the wings a few mm back, beacuse the canards are too close to the leading edge (It is very noticeable in the unodified kit). Because of that, I already cut my Su-37, but the cut was made just in front of the airbrake, then I relocated the airbrake 6 mm forwards, well just a thought... Impresionante, y un gran trabajo. gracias por compartir. Un saludo desde Perú.

José

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow!, what a great way to learn from, your work and detail is awesome. Whenever I get around to the two kits in my stash, same plane and scale, I'll know where to look. Keep up the great work!! :woo:

Tonal