1/72 Su-37 from Berkut/Zvezda/Nakotne/Encore

hehe ups i so some talking about s-37 and su-47 :cheers:

Oh, man sorry. It is actully me who is wrong, not you. :worship:

I didnt understand that you answered to little discussion i and Ken had.

:blink:

That's some serious built,Abraham!

Actually I also used Pavla Models one on my Airfix Flanker.

I cut it into 2 pieces,shortened it from the backward,and make it slower from the position where it combines with fuselage.

So that's why my Airfix one has a closed canopy.

Hope that may inspire you something. :salute:

Keep up the incredible work!

Yufei

Hi fellows

I hope that all you have a nice end-year season!!!

Haneto:

You did a great job on your Pavla's canopy, it is really inspiring :worship:

Well, as I wrote on my past post, before i can close the fuselage, there are a couple of things that I need fix on the airplane aft section and belly.

I noticed that the fuselage lower sides have a wrong squared shape, just where the landing gear well's begins:

Su-37_Berkut_0074.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0075.jpg

and the landing gear's wells have a wrong round shape too... this need a lot of work and as I am repaneling the whole surfaces, I think that must be much easier cut out the engine's necelle and fix all.

Su-37_Berkut_0076.jpg

Nacelle No.1 out, wrong squared shape out too: :doh:

Su-37_Berkut_0077.jpg

Re-scribing and detailing the necelle:

Su-37_Berkut_0078.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0079.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0081.jpg

To correct the side problem, I blended a 1/4 of styrene pipe to the fuselage + styrene plate and sanding to obtain the correct shape

Su-37_Berkut_0082.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0083.jpg

See you soon!!!

Abraham

Berkut:

The photoetched templates are from: Eduard No. 00 001 - 00 0006 (dark ones), and from Verlinden Productions (red ones) and you can get them in any great web store or directly from the productor's web page:

http://www.eduard.cz

I hope this info is usefull for you.

The last update for this year:

Su-37_Berkut_0084.jpg

It was neccesary to repair the surface where the engine necelle will be reatached before I cut out the second necelle.

Su-37_Berkut_0085.jpg

I do that sanding the surface and attaching styrene strips, taking care to follow the original shape.

Some dry fitting:

Su-37_Berkut_0086.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0087.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0088.jpg

Beggining with the wheel wells construction:

Su-37_Berkut_0089.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0090.jpg

It was neccesary fill the "chanel" for the landing gear leg, this area must be flat; the wheel well has a wrong roud shape, so it must be totally redone. I cut out the sharp looking fairing that is in front of the wheel well, because it had a wrong angle.

The same process for the other side:

Su-37_Berkut_0092.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0091.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0093.jpg

Happy New Year!!!

Abraham

Edited by Likoyan

Happy New Year Abraham,

This build is astonishing :D

You are doing a splendid job. I am truly in awe of your scratch-building skills. Sp clean and precise.

I admire anyone who has the courage to tackle such a taxing model.

Your talent is remarkable. Keep up the great work.

:coolio:

Geedubelyer:

Thank you very much for your comments, they are really inspiring. :thumbsup:

I will procure not dissapoint you with my poor paint skills..... :unsure:

This week I have found another problematic area: the tail boom :angry:

After found and compare some 1/72 Su-37 draws on the web, I conclude that the shape of the Berkut's kit don't like me.

You can find those draws here:

http://www.airwar.ru

The draws aren't 100% accurate, the fuselage is too long and a little stretched, but they are a very good reference.

I think that the end's radome is too rounded and the leading fairing is too sharp:

Su-37_Berkut_0094.jpg

So, I scratchbuilded a new one with styrene sheet and the external fuel tank of the Hasegawa's 1/72 Mirege F-1 (end radome) and the external fuel tank of the Heller's 1/72 Mirage F-1 (leading fairing), I have only one of each one on my spares box :) :

Su-37_Berkut_0095.jpg

Hasegawa's part

Su-37_Berkut_0096.jpg

Heller's part

Su-37_Berkut_0097.jpg

I found that it would be much more ease to replace the whole under side section between the engines nacelles, than try to datail and make fit the kit's part with the new tail boom, so a whole new section was builded, I made it by layers, here the shallower layer with a few datails:

Su-37_Berkut_0098.jpg

The widened leading fairing attached to a structural styrene plate, it was angled to mate it with the tail sting.

Su-37_Berkut_0100.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0101.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0102.jpg

The whole thing

Su-37_Berkut_0103.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0104.jpg

See you soon folks!!!

Abraham

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your words guys!!!

They are really inspiring....

Here you are the update of this week:

I build this piece that loos like a reinforcement skin plate for the tail boom, I have never seen it on the normal Flankers, but I may be on a mistake....

Su-37_Berkut_0106.jpg

The piece is now in it's place, but I have no photos.... ;)

Now I am looking for real pictures of the tail boom, because the draws don't help very much with the access panels and rivets datails....

Air Intakes

As Yufei did with his super Airfix Flanker, I take the air intakes from the Hase/Revell kit, because the Berkut's ones are aaa.... mmm... well.... useless.

Su-37_Berkut_0200.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0202.jpg

I cut out the wheel wells and replace them with styrene sheet, also fill the sharp space just forward them

Su-37_Berkut_0203.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0204.jpg

Now is time for scratchbuild the new ones, previously I had taked some lenghts and reference points from the under side fuselage seccion to assure that the pieces will mate:

Su-37_Berkut_0205.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0206.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0207.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0208.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0209.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally some free time to spend on my build!!! :banana:

This weekend will be extended here in México because the "Día de la Constitución" and I hope can achieve some progress on my build.

The main landing gear's wells are both finished, and I decide unite the air intakes with the engine nacelles at this point so.....

assambles ready to beggin, I traced some reference lines (shaded areas) to use the lower fuselage as guide to blend them

Su-37_Berkut_0216.jpg

air intakes placed (not blended)

Su-37_Berkut_0217.jpg

A little help from the masking tape

Su-37_Berkut_0218.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0219.jpg

This will reduce the misalign of the parts during the process. After some Try outs and some "mentadas de madre" :deadhorse1: I got a decent align

Su-37_Berkut_0220.jpg

Now I can blend them

Su-37_Berkut_0221.jpg

Results

Su-37_Berkut_0222.jpg

Su-37_Berkut_0223.jpg

It's still neccesary put some filler to make smooth the transition between the pars, but I think that it looks OK. What do you think?

Saludos

Abraham