The Complete Future

• 2 weeks later...

Great article on using Future.

I have one question though: How long can you use a bottle of Future? I ask because I just found a bottle in my garage and thought I might try using it. But it has been in the garage for 6 years subjected to heat in the summer and deathly cold in the winter (I live in Edmonton, Alberta).

I'm thinking I'd probably be better off going out and buying a new bottle than trying out this old one.

Kev.

Kev-

If it were sitting in a dark corner of your basement, I'd say it's probably OK. However, since it's been exposed to the elements for a long period of time, I wouldn't want to find out that it went bad AFTER I started airbrushing it on a model...... :blink:

As Steve said, if it has been in the dark it may be okay. I have a bottle that is 11 years old and I still use it - it's nearly gone now. I have another that I purchased recently and upon examination they both appear to have the same consistancy and clarity (just off from clear). Might be a good idea to try some on a spare canopy or something just to be safe.

Thanks, as my "stash" is still pretty small, I really don't have any spare parts to test on.

So as suggested, I'll just go out and get a new bottle.

Kev.

No, no, no... clearly what you need to do is go out and enlarge your unbuilt stash of kits!!! Work with us here!!

LOL :blink:

Uhm, yeah right!

I guess now that I have a job again (I've out of work for a while), I have some money to go out and buy something new... a 1/32 Academy F-18 or 2 Hasegawas or 5 Revells?

I know you guys all have tons more than that (I'm just starting out again)!

LOL as well :blink:

Kev