Convair B-58 & TB-58 Hustler

Considering that both Convair and Canadair were subsidaries of General Dynamics in the late '50's, I would like to think should the Canadian Governement propose a bomber design, that Canadair would have been in the running.

These versions, which would have carried the Orenda Iroquois engines, would have rolled out of Canadair's Montreal plant. The top scheme is a B-58 in Ghost Sqn. livery, and the second one, a Trainer variant, in a highly visible scheme.

My latest 'what-if's' Enjoy.

PROFILE-US-CONVAIR-58100-b58a.gif

PROFILE-US-CONVAIR-58200-tb58a.gif

DOH! B)

But just think how fast it would go with 4 - PS13's

Nice looking What-If but if it had been fitted with the Iroquois engines it would have only needed 2 of them :banana:

Barney

Edited by jagman

I've seen both the tri-colour flash as well as the Red Ensign on various RCAF planes (fighters and transports).. an image of the DeHavilland Comet on the CAF website shows the fin flash in lieu of the Red Ensign.

Very nice jagman, just a comment though on the markings, timeline wise I think they would have had the Red Ensign on the tail instead of the tri-colour flash

Robert

Nice looking What-If but if it had been fitted with the Iroquois engines it would have only needed 2 of them :coolio:

Since the Aerofax book on the Hustler shows wind-tunnel models of an enlarged one powered by four J75s, imagine those replaced by Iroquois instead of just an one-for-one replacement of the J79s on the basic Hustler.