We need a new 1/48 scale F-5A,B,E,F & RF-5A & E.

There's the CA ones but it'd be nice to have separate flaps and a first rate kit at a more affordable price. With Trumpeter doing some fine work, maybe they should consider doing the 1/48 scale F-5 series. What do you think?

Count me in for 25 of them! Heck, I'd be happy if they just did the F-5E/F, I don't have a problem with the CA kits. I keep hoping that Hasegawa will do them, but since the JASDF never flew them, and they're not a Teen Series fighter, or have Swastika's on the tail, we'll probabaly never see them from them B) There's a whole lot of aggressors that I want to do in 48th scale, and Monograms 30 year old pig of a kit, and Black Boxes impossible to find cockpit set are barely an option. Somebody please..... help a modeling brother out :pray::pray::pray: Fred K

While they are at it they can make a nice F-20 too! I'm sick of having to look for the BB cockpit to dress up the Monogram kit.

I've got one :pray: going to put it on ebay to see if I can get $400 for it like the guy with the SU-37 B) did :popcorn:

:pray:

No it is not for sale!!!

While they are at it they can make a nice F-20 too! I'm sick of having to look for the BB cockpit to dress up the Monogram kit.

The simple solution is found in another thread on this forum. Search for "recast" :cheers:

Seriously though, I'd love a new tool F-5 series covering the A/B to the E/F. Personally I think that would keep the accountants happy for years.

Jens

There's the CA ones but it'd be nice to have separate flaps and a first rate kit at a more affordable price. With Trumpeter doing some fine work, maybe they should consider doing the 1/48 scale F-5 series. What do you think?

If Trumpeter did one it surely wouldn't be affordable, and accuracy would also be in question, Have they got one canopy right in anything they have produced????

Hasegawa and Tamiya are missing out on a big part of the market by not making this A/C. They'd sell thousands.

And Hasegawa had a 1/32 kit in blue prints

. :lol:

Hasegawa, We need a F-5 family. :D

Hasegawa did make a 1/32 F-5E, I think it made it past the Blue Print stage.

Curt

An F-5 family is one of those kit families that I thought Hasegawa would've done by now, you have:
  • multiple versions with common tooling
  • multiple users (larger potential market)
  • multiple marking options = many reissues over the years

Ken

I agree. How can every manufacturer and their brother make a kit for the F-14 and A-10, who both had a low number of users (2 nations and 1 nation respectively), but ignore one of the most proliferated fighters ever? If there is enough justification for just about every company to make their own version of the F-4 and F-16, why not the F-5?

*Please note that I do not intend to knock on the A-10 or F-14 (I'm an A-10 fan and I shave with a Gillette razor)

Does this include the T-38?

Yet another aircraft that you'd figure would be a goldmine. That, and the Tweet of course. Like the F-5, both training aircraft have been around the block a time or two.

Edited by Keith Diamond

Hasegawa is about to reissue the 1/32 F-5E in VFC-111 markings. I would like to see the entire series done in 1/48 though and brought up to standards without all the resin and such. Something that would look great OOB with a bit of time and awesome if you decide to go all out.

Edited by Fuji

seems we have the opposite problem....I would love to see Hasegawa scale up their new tool A-4 Skyhawk to replace their old 32nd scale and you guys would like to see them downscale their F-5 to 48th....

at least we have 7000 different boxings of Tomcats and Hornets!

at least we have 7000 different boxings of Tomcats and Hornets!

:lol: I'm about done with Tomcats and Hornets. Really excited about their Draken, but man, they need to do the F-5 series. Trumpeter has in their new catalog a 1/32 A-4E BTW. If they copied the Hase kit you should be OK. :D

Hasegawa is about to reissue the 1/32 F-5E in VFC-111 markings. I would like to see the entire series done in 1/48 though and brought up to standards without all the resin and such. Something that would look great OOB with a bit of time and awesome if you decide to go all out.

What's ironic is that if a new kit is actually released, BB or Aires would probably come out with a cockpit set regardless of the quality of the kit parts (Tamiya 1/48 F-16). So a new kit would solve our kit AND aftermarket problem.

Edited by Iron Eagle
What's ironic is that if a new kit is actually released, BB or Aires would probably come out with a cockpit set regardless of the quality of the kit parts (Tamiya 1/48 F-16). So a new kit would solve our kit AND aftermarket problem.

Very True, My hats off to you guys that use resin all the time, I have neither the time or funding. I may get an nice seat to spruce up the cockpit or some other small detail (tanks missiles or bombs) but I really don't go all out there.

If we could get an F-5 of same quality that Tamiya did with its F-16 in both 1/48th and 1/32nd I would be a happy camper for sure.Come to think of it we probably need a good F-5 family in 1/72nd scale too?

As for Hasegawa's SAAB Draken I cant wait B)

Mark

So do I... just one... :taunt: right back at ya!

HeHe looks like we are the last two that have them :rofl: This is what sucks about the hobby, the Chit gos out of production to fing fast!!!!!!!!like the F-18D BB set, any thing for a 1/48 A-6. :yahoo: make more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we could get an F-5 of same quality that Tamiya did with its F-16 in both 1/48th and 1/32nd I would be a happy camper for sure.Come to think of it we probably need a good F-5 family in 1/72nd scale too?

As for Hasegawa's SAAB Draken I cant wait :yahoo:

Mark

Yeah, I agree....the Tamiya stuff is awesome. If Tamiya decided to stop screwing around with the weird WWII stuff and decided to do modern stuff on a regular basis they would blow Hasegawa out of the water.

Holy Crap the Monogram kit is a "PIG OF A KIT?!?!?!"

I agree it would be nice to have a "New Tooled" kit but it doesn't take that much work to make a decent F-5E!

Spent less than 40 hours on this kit back in "The Day" to make a very nice (In my opinion) model of a Top Gun F-5E

You be the judge...

Copyof_MG_5987.jpg

Copyof_MG_5989.jpg

_MG_5994.jpg

Cheers, and Happy Modeling...

Larry McCarley

Come to think of it we probably need a good F-5 family in 1/72nd scale too?

Mark

Mark,

I'm quite happy with the Italeri/Revell/Esci versions of the F-5A/B and E/F in 1/72nd. For a 20 plus Y/O kit they are still a gem. Don't need to re-invent something If you already have it. Just my opinion of coarse.

Hasegawa makes the very nice F-20 / X-29 in the small scale, which are pretty reasonably priced (and very common at swap meets) So this would leave the T-38. Although Sword has made it, it is a bit pricey for a small kit which is why I have not got one (that and I've got two Sword T-38's in 1/48th). I'm sure a New tool T-38 injection molded kit would be a sure winner in the small scale.

Just my .02 cents CAD

Emil

Holy Crap the Monogram kit is a "PIG OF A KIT?!?!?!"

I agree it would be nice to have a "New Tooled" kit but it doesn't take that much work to make a decent F-5E!

Spent less than 40 hours on this kit back in "The Day" to make a very nice (In my opinion) model of a Top Gun F-5ELarry McCarley

Hey Larry, is that with or without the BB cockpit - I can't really tell? It does look very nice!

I'm quite happy with the Italeri/Revell/Esci versions of the F-5A/B and E/F in 1/72nd. For a 20 plus Y/O kit they are still a gem.

The irony of this statement is that the Italeri/Esci F-5 family are substantially better kits then those "highly recommended" CA kits. What a joke. I just hope that the CA kits have scared off someone from doing a real 1/48 F-5 family. I always thought that a 1/48 CF-5 was a no brainer for Hobbycraft.

Mark,

I'm quite happy with the Italeri/Revell/Esci versions of the F-5A/B and E/F in 1/72nd. For a 20 plus Y/O kit they are still a gem. Don't need to re-invent something If you already have it. Just my opinion of coarse.

Hasegawa makes the very nice F-20 / X-29 in the small scale, which are pretty reasonably priced (and very common at swap meets) So this would leave the T-38. Although Sword has made it, it is a bit pricey for a small kit which is why I have not got one (that and I've got two Sword T-38's in 1/48th). I'm sure a New tool T-38 injection molded kit would be a sure winner in the small scale.

Just my .02 cents CAD

Emil

Not a problem in 1/72nd scale - I use the Esci F-5B (reasonably cheap and available) with the relevant parts copied and cast from the Sword kit... Only thing you can't get right is the fuselage bottom (and I believe the Sword kit is also wrong here...)