What is needed to convert Academy's 1/35th UH-1C kit to a Navy TH-1L. looking at the thread in research corner has got me thinking. Other than paint and an external rescue hoist, are there any other differences? Don't be afraid to state the obvious.... I really don't know!

Sincerely,

David

What is needed to convert Academy's 1/35th UH-1C kit to a Navy TH-1L. looking at the thread in research corner has got me thinking. Other than paint and an external rescue hoist, are there any other differences? Don't be afraid to state the obvious.... I really don't know!

Sincerely,

David

David,

Jon is right, the only difference externally between the TH-1L and the UH-1C is some antennas and the rescue hoist. Steve will probably be along sometime soon to list all the not so visible differences, but it basically just the paint job that would make it stand out as a TH-1L. If your building an early TH-1L, most came of the assembly line with the bell mouth intake instead of the particle separators that were being put on Nam bound birds, but that option is also available in the Academy kit. Later many (but not all) of these birds were retrofitted with the separators. Also, no armored seats. All Army UH-1C's came from the factory with armored seats. As far as I know, no TH-1L's carried weapons either, although I'm sure the hardware was there if they wanted to. Hope that helps.

Ray