super six blackhawks in Somalia

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me as I make a Blackhawk in 1/72 and want to do a Blackhawk from the movie Blackhawk Daown.

My questions are

1) what was the seating pattern or was there none.

2) Pilot doors. Were these removed or still on the aircraft.

I'm sure that I will ask more in the near future.

Thank you for your help and have a Merry Christmas.

1) what was the seating pattern or was there none.

2) Pilot doors. Were these removed or still on the aircraft.

1) I'm pretty sure there were no seats apart from the two gunners seats (and pilots of course).

2) Pilots doors were removed for better visibilty. Also the doors were said to offer little by way of ballistic shielding so removing them would not significantly reduce crew protection.

Get yourself copies of the books Blackhawk Down and In the Company of Heroes which both have useful info and pictures. :thumbsup:

These guys got you covered with anything you need about Blackhawks.Their models show what they know.Andy,that is a nice looking bird you made.It looked like a real Hawk parked on the apron.Then again so did Heavy Arty's Hawk.I made a UH-60 a couple of years ago.I'll try to post some pics.All MH-60's down in Mog had their Super # on their cargo door windows.At the time of the shootdowns,all troop seats were removed except the crew seats.During profile flights however,the seats were installed.I had a friend who was a MH-60 crew chief down there(Super 63) on the C2 bird.If you need anymore help,just give us a yell here.Good luck on the 60.

• 2 weeks later...
Yup, no pilots' doors and no seats in the back.

Check out this thread for a pretty complete run down of Somalia Blackhawks.

Thanks to everyone who replied. the websites are useful. another question I have is does anyone have a photo/s of the fast rope system that was used in the movie to deploy the chalks fo the blackhawk.

again thank you and happy new year.

Brian