Fairey Firefly Mk.5 in 1:48

Hi Guys

Ok here we go :unsure: ,the PP Aeroparts Kit is a long time out of Stock . I found my on ebay for a small Money . It is a Multi-media Kit with Vacu Fuselage ,Wings and Canopy. White Metall ,Etched-Parts and Resin the other. 148 Etched Parts , 22 Resin ,75 White Metal. The Vacu Parts are good but to cut he goes a long of Time. Whit Sandpaper , Saw, Cutter and a Dremel ,cut the Parts and make the holes in the Wings for the Wheelbay and other.

f1ks9.th.jpg

f2zo3.th.jpg

f3pl4.th.jpg

Edited by Wild Weasel78

Thanks for the nice welcome ;) . I am very happy to much here :) . I know some of you still from the KWGB 2006. Time see how long it lasts the model to finish. Nowadays I still have holiday so that I more time to build the Firefly.

greetings Michael :yahoo:

Ok here we go ........

On the Main undercarriage legs and Wheel/Leg Covers came Etched Parts and White Metall Parts. Whit wires i made the Brakecable . The Wheelbay detailet up with Etched and wires.The Splitter plates cut from Plasticsheet. On the Wings drill the Hole for the Wing folding hooks and glue a wire in it.

f11tx4.th.jpg

f12hn4.th.jpg

f13wi6.th.jpg

f14yo1.th.jpg

f15dv0.th.jpg

The next step is Filler all parts an make ready for paint........

greetings Michael :)

Big update today <_<

I glue the Wheelbay into the Wing, a little bit sanding here and here and he was ok .

p1oc9.th.jpg

The Fuelintake make srcatch.

p2os1.th.jpg

:bandhead2:

p3yx1.th.jpg

With the Woven Brass Mesh i make this......

p4mx9.th.jpg

Test and he looks good.

p5br3.th.jpg

Edited by Wild Weasel78

More from Brass Mesh.....

p6nu9.th.jpg

p7qw7.th.jpg

I cut the Flaps/Airbrake out of the Wing ,i made the other Parts sractch with Plastic sheet and Wires.

p8wu0.th.jpg

Test :bandhead2:

p9ay9.th.jpg

I saw the Ruder out and make later in down positon

p11od8.th.jpg

Basic Color is on the Parts ,the Details comes later .

p10jn0.th.jpg

greetings Michael <_<

Happy new Year :thumbsup: !!

It is time to glue the Cockpit into the Fuselage .

a1vy5.th.jpg

a2mt3.th.jpg

Before the Cockpit fixet in the Fuselage ,glue the Fuselage and pull the Pit under the open Hole who cames later fixet the Wing. First the Observer and than the Pilots Pit, i make a other way and hat a little bit problems. I glue first the Pilots Pit and than the Observer :doh:

a3hh8.th.jpg

Pits glue......

a4ap1.th.jpg

Glue the Wing and fixet.

a5qp6.th.jpg

Wires for the Boxes ,a little Oelwash cames later.

a6ul3.th.jpg

However the PP Kit is good to build ......better than Hasegawa <_< :coolio: :lol:

More comming soon ....

greetings Michael

hey Michael,

nice to see your aboard. firefly is looking good. i wish i had one of these in my colection, but i guess im going to have to wait till one comes out from a mass media company before i get one.

what nationality/markings are you putting on this one??

sean

Hi Sean

Yes the Firefly is a cool Bird :coolio: , unfortunately Grand Phönix came only with the Mk.1 and no with the Mk.5 :banana: . I buy the new Model from AZ-Model the ex Grand Phönix Firefly Mk.1 with ASH Radar . My PP Aerokit Mk.5 bulid as an Korean War Aircraft from the 821 Squadron Code WB410 Number 200 on Board HMS Glory.

greetings Michael

So ,i glue the Rockets with Superglue, the Fines are Etched and the Body White Metal-Parts.

b1da9.th.jpg

Today i glue the Ruder and Wings on the Airframe,for the Ruder i drill a hole and make a wire for more sturdiness.

b2hv2.th.jpg

b3xf7.th.jpg

And here glue ,i used Superglue for the Ruder.

b4fe0.th.jpg

Here glue the Wings and fixed with Tape for the V-Position, i was a little bit tricky.

b5wx4.th.jpg

Here i made the Rocket Rail Base new , the White Metal Parts are to big.

b6rn1.th.jpg

And here with the Rocket Rails

b7ra3.th.jpg

greetings Michael

Edited by Wild Weasel78

Superb work as usual Michael!!!

I like the RATO bottles. I was thinking of doing the same for my SeaFury, but I opted to keep it simple.

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, I've always loved the looks of the Firefly. I have the Grand Phoenix MK1 kit but I'm waiting until my skills improve before I tackle it .

:popcorn:

Mark

The Firefly is sanding and ready for Primer

d1wr5.th.jpg

The Ruder fixed with a Wire and Super-Glue

d2pp4.th.jpg

d3le9.th.jpg

Many Parts a glue on the Firefly ,here and here a little bit sanding and ready for Primer . I use Revell Basic Primer ,he is a good Filler for small scratches.

d4bf8.th.jpg

greetings Michael

Hi Guys

After some discrepancies I have reworked a few parts. Pictures of the Orginal helped, on this occasion. Now, finally, it can go to the priming.

fr1db0.th.jpg

The little Intake under the Prop/Spinner was to small ,i made it bigger and he locks better. I glue the last Etched-Parts on the Airframe befor priming. The Exhaust glare shield hat not all Fireflys.

fr2cp1.th.jpg

Thanks for looking ,greetings Michael <_<

Update today :whistle:

I paint the Firefly with Revell filler and sanding with 1000 Paper. Engraved the lost Lines .

f1av8.th.jpg

I mask the Canopy with the good old Tamiya Tape ,later i cut the Canopy for open Postion.

f2wp6.th.jpg

Shaded the later sky paint job with black Tamiya Color

f3ei7.th.jpg

The next is panit the black/white Korean War Strips

greetings Michael

small update today:

I glue the Canopys on the Fuselage ,with Tamiya Putty and Mr Mark Surfacer1200 filling the little breaks. Sanding with 600 Paper and Test paint job.

o1hr9.th.jpg

Test No 2 and he is ok

o2rz7.th.jpg

3 Days on Night working and than 6 Days Holiday ;) .........

greetings Michael