Was reading that e last unit to fly the HH-46D (Cherry Pt. MCAS) are transitioning to the HH-46E. They have one and are getting a couple others. Is the HH-46E a dearmoured CH-46E with the SAR package installed ?

Anyone have pics of a HH-46E from Cherry Pt......would like to see its configuration.

I remember when NAS Pt. Mugu Flew the HH-46D.....what a sweet paint scheme.

Thanks

Was reading that e last unit to fly the HH-46D (Cherry Pt. MCAS) are transitioning to the HH-46E. They have one and are getting a couple others. Is the HH-46E a dearmoured CH-46E with the SAR package installed ?

Anyone have pics of a HH-46E from Cherry Pt......would like to see its configuration.

I remember when NAS Pt. Mugu Flew the HH-46D.....what a sweet paint scheme.

Thanks

OK ,GOT MORE INFO .....THE HH-46Ds were done AS OF DEC.07

Need to know if the HH-46E is a converted CH-46E.

So what's flying out of MCAS Beaufort now, HH-46Es?

Yep, as of Dec 1. But I do not know any one at Beaufort rigth now, to see if all 3 of their birds are now all E's. I do know back in Nov that only had one E.

Yep, as of Dec 1. But I do not know any one at Beaufort rigth now, to see if all 3 of their birds are now all E's. I do know back in Nov that only had one E.

They only have three HH-46s assigned to an MCAS (such as Beaufort)? I didn't know that. I ask because I have the Academy HH-46 kit that I plan on finishing in Beaufort markings since I see them quite frequently over Charleston whenever I visit that fine city. Plus, I just dig the dark gray and orange scheme.

They only have three HH-46s assigned to an MCAS (such as Beaufort)? I didn't know that. I ask because I have the Academy HH-46 kit that I plan on finishing in Beaufort markings since I see them quite frequently over Charleston whenever I visit that fine city. Plus, I just dig the dark gray and orange scheme.

Yep, only 3.

• 11 years later...

Hi guys, me again.

Can you confirm the colour scheme for the three aircraft at Cherry Point? I’ve got an old Helibourne book with the scheme being quoted as dark Blue and International Orange. I see you guys think it’s more dark Gray than Dark Sea Blue. FS numbers would be ideal.

Help always appreciated.