F/A 18F Super Hornet

So I got this for Christmas.

Here is a test fit of some parts. All in all I'm pleased with the level of detail. The only two complaints I have so far are gaps in the nose that need to sanded and filled. And the intakes. If anyone know of an after market intakes please let me know.

Side note:

I've been using Tamiya paint and I just started using Tamiya Paint thinner and it works great. It has the same fine texture as oil paints do with less smell and mess.

nose.jpg

intake-1.jpg

intake-2.jpg

intake-3.jpg

Edited by Jared Bishop

I havn't started on my Hasegawa SuprH yet, but from your (very good) photos, I'd say a good set of clamps would help reduce your problems. Apply liquid cement and clamp together, the clamps will help get the panels togther and on the same plane.

Sometimes additional shimming or sanding for better fit is needed and can be determined by dry-fitting ahead of time.

I know there is a set of seamless intakes for the Revell F/A-18E/F, not sure if it will fit the Hasegawa kit though. I think you can find it at Squadron or Meteor Productions.

www.squadron.com

www.meteorprod.com

Hope that helps!

Nice work, by the way. Always fancied the Hasegawa kit.

Aaron

The problems are there but not as bad as your photos showed.

Just try to fit them carefully when you weld them together. There should be little fit problem to deal with.

As for the intakes, you've fit them as best as they could be fitted. You gonna need putty to deal with those seams. They don't look half bad from the photos.

Yes...Seamless Suckers has a set produced for the hasegawa F-18E/F, and so far, they have been a PITA to install..

Yep. I gave up trying to fit mine in. I just resorted to using FOD covers on my E model SH I was building. Oh well, 13 bucks down the tube........... :coolio:

Daniel

from tamiya instructions:

36320 = Xf-66 + xf-2 (1:3 ratio) [flat light grey + flat white]

36375 = xf-19 + xf-2 (1:2 ratio) [flat sky grey + flat white]

i've used this mix before, but i felt the colors were a bit off, so i added more white in there....

Edited by albert_sy2

FS36320

FS36375

these are difficult colors to mix. Gunz has them in their range. I have always used Testor's MM Enamels for these colors which I find very accurate out of the bottle. I havn't tried their Acyrl line of these colors yet however.