Eduard 1/48 Mirage 2000N Progress (updated Jun 27)

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Jack-Swiss: The camo was not done freehand as there would be too much overspray into the adjacent color. However I do not just use tape but rather suspend cutout paper patterns over the paint using bits of Tamiya tape rolled into little 'o's' if that makes sense ;-) This way I still get the same result as if using Magic Tac ... I'm always afraid of using that stuff as it does contain oils that have ruined a number of my posters over the years... so I just stay away from it.

Terry: No way could I finish by Saturday... I work slow due to being busy at work and with the family and all. I've never been to TorCan... worth going?

-Greg

She is lookin' incredible,Greg! Glad to see you got past the warpasaurus issues.

As always,I'm very impressed with the effects you achieve with your pre-shading.

Cheers

-Dave

Andre: so long as I can continue to get my hands on Gunze Acrylic paints here in Canada I will continue to use them. Already I have had to substitute a few colors, namely white, black and the light gray I used on the underside for Tamiya paints as Gunze is no longer being distributed in Canada. I have a few stock piled but I will have to go to a Japanese supplier to get future stock :-( Still I swear by Gunze Acrylics... Everything about them is great... adhesion is super - even without any prep... they are not FULLY MATT either which I like... I think it's a more natural look. They work great with Tamiya Acrylic Thinner and because they are acrylic the smell is kept to a minimum.

Cheers,

-Greg

PS: And thank you all so much for your kind words... they are very encouraging :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Well progress is being made... slow but I'm quite happy in how it's turning out... so to start with here's a reference photo I will be using for the bottom...

2000nmk24cdn320film151foxalpha.jpg

So the jet was glossed, panel lines put in, another coat of gloss. Now time for the decals... then matt paint, more weathering... oil/grime streaks and such after... anyhow, here she is so far...

IMG_2284Medium.jpg

IMG_2285Medium.jpg

IMG_2286Medium.jpg

IMG_2287Medium.jpg

IMG_2290Medium.jpg

IMG_2292Medium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was able to get some more work done on the Mirage. Sorry for the 'not-so-great' photos... it was late and I rushed it :-(

So, gloss went on, then decals, then a quick matt coat, weathering, then another gloss coat...

Keep in mind that all the colors are much more vivid and exagerated with the gloss coat... When the matt coat goes down it will tone down the all the colors and the weathering...

IMG_2436Medium.jpg

IMG_2439Medium.jpg

IMG_2437Medium.jpg

IMG_2438Medium.jpg

IMG_2442Medium.jpg

IMG_2443Medium.jpg

IMG_2444Medium.jpg

IMG_2445Medium.jpg

As always, feedback is tremendously appreciated.

-Greg

Ahhhh just gorgeous lookin mirage!!!

You've made me bought one of those because of your thread here!!!

two weeks ago,voilà...bought one!!!

I just wanted the fonderie miniatures F1 but is "un-find-able" LOL!!!!!

anyway...great job again!!

cant wait to see her on her wheels!!!

Cheers

:P