Just learnt abit on 3DS Max, so decided to give it a try.

Doing up a Sufa. :D

f16iwip2.jpg

f16iwip1.jpg

COmparing with some scale drawings.

f16iwipside.jpg

f16iwipfront.jpg

f16iwiptop.jpg

Gonna smooth it out and add details.

I don't have any F-16I drawings to compare against. I only had a side view of an F-16B. The top, front views are F-16C.I have to really use sense for the CFT and spine.

If any of you guys have some good scale drawings of the F-16I, please kindly guide me to them. :)

Thx

Henry

Cool, we have an expert in the house!

I have soooo much to ask :D

Paul, pardon my questions if they sound obvious. I just picked up some knowledge of this software a few days ago.

Do you break down different parts of the model, say the tail, wings, even antennas and such into elements? Say if I detach the canopy of my model away from the fuselage and turbosmooth them, there wil be a seam between the edges of the fuselage and the canopy.

Any tips to go about doing the panel lines?

BTW, your website is awesome. I will definitely refer to your works when I go on to texturing!

Cool, we have an expert in the house!

I have soooo much to ask :D

Paul, pardon my questions if they sound obvious. I just picked up some knowledge of this software a few days ago.

Do you break down different parts of the model, say the tail, wings, even antennas and such into elements? Say if I detach the canopy of my model away from the fuselage and turbosmooth them, there wil be a seam between the edges of the fuselage and the canopy.

Any tips to go about doing the panel lines?

BTW, your website is awesome. I will definitely refer to your works when I go on to texturing!

Typically the model stays on one piece. The only time it gets broken down is if you are putting it into a game....then you have indivdual "meshes" (nose, fuselage, verttail, etc...). I am a texture artist, so I don't know the ins and outs of 3D work.

Panel lines are pretty simple. I take a line drawing and use that as a base, then I add a layer and trace the lines with a 3 pixel wide brush. Reduce the opacity of the layer to about 30 and then make a new layer and go right down the center of your first line with a 1 pixel wide brush. I do weathering the same way. various shades of brown, grey and black and then adjust the opacity of the layer