This is the first time I'll be moderating and running a build and I am looking forward to some of the models that will be built.

Please PM the aircraft(s) that you plan on building. Or send it to my e-mail at grtgaspie@AOL.com. Also any questions in particular.

I want to thank Two Bobs, Afterburner Decals, and Shawn Hull for sponsoring this build! (staye tuned!)

The build is open to all scales .. relating to aircraft tasked with suppressing and destroying air defenses.

Although radar was first used in WW2 ... trying to take them out as a primary target wasnt taken seriously until the Vietnam War. This mission started out with the primary armament of dumb bombs!

Although a former F-4G pilot once told me.. just because you hang a AGM-88 HARM onto a jet doesnt make it a Wild Weasel ... I want to be inclusive because I have known of several aircraft that have been tasked with air defense suppression duties!

I'd love to see eastern bloc suppression models! How about a Vulcan with a AGM-45 Shrike... or a RAAF F-111C with a AGM-88 HARM. Anyone up for the F-14D with AGM-88 HARMS that was flight tested???

Lots of possibilities of building out there!

siesta would just like to add that I, rjwood_uk will be helping him motorate and judge this group build. good luck guys!!

Edited by rjwood_uk
  • 3 months later...

to stop any further confusion.

the dates for this GB are 1st Jan - 1st July 2008

to be eligable for the prize draw you must enter no later than the end of April 2008 and post in-progress pictures as well as a picture of your completed builds by 1st July 2008.