Welcome to the Bf 109 Group Build

Welcome to the Bf 109 Group Build! I won't bother you with a history of the Bf 109 or anything of that nature. Writers much more articulate and knowledgable than myself have already covered that ground.

I will however, first of all extend a special welcome to our "special technical advisor" for this group build, Mr. Lynn Ritger. Many of you know Lynn as the author of "Modellers Datafile #9, The Bf 109 Part 1" Prototype to "E" Variants" and "Modellers Datafile #10, The Bf 109 Part 2: "F" to "K" Variants", both of which I consider mandatory for any 109 enthusiasts reference library. Lynn brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the table and we'll be leaning on his expertise heavily for this group build.

Be sure to stop by Lynn's website The 109 Lair, it's great source of reference material.

Secondly, the rules:

Any member of the Bf 109 family, from the early prototypes to the post war Czechoslovakian and Spanish variants are permitted. All scales, brands of kits and level of details are welcome. The only requirement for an entry is that it have a historical basis, i.e it actually existed in the form that you're modeling it in. Proposals that never made it off paper or purely conjectural aircraft are not permitted. A quick note on the last statement, Luftwaffe modeling often requires a judgement call on the part of the modeler, indeed it's part of the appeal to many of us. Nobody is going to disqualify an entry because of a color interpretation, etc. If in doubt about any aspect of your build, just ask.

The kit you plan on entering should be no more than 25% complete, if in doubt ask a moderator for a judgement call.

Third, and most importantly:

Have fun, and in the immortal words of Bill Cosby "if you're not careful you might learn something".

Looking forward to a great group build,

Mike

Edited by The Mikester
  • 1 month later...

A note on completed models for inclusion in the Gallery:

The Gallery is kept "locked" to ensure that it remains pictures of completed entries only. When you finish an entry simply post your photos of the completed build and I'll move them to the Gallery for you.