295723091.jpg

Primary Projects will be,

Promodeler 1/32nd Bf 109G-4, OOB build of Oblt Franz Schiess 8/JG 53 (kit started, ok'd for GB)

Tamiya 1/72nd Bf 109E-4, OOB build, tenative markings will be Fw. Herbert Schramm 7/JG 53, painted out swastika...(kit started ok'd for GB as is)

Secondary Projects (meaning those that stand a bats chance in hell of getting done in time :woot.gif: )

Promodeler 1/32nd Bf 109G-4. Oblt. Tonne, 3/JG 53

Tamiya 1/48th Bf109E-4, tenative markings same as 1/72nd Emil, could change as I get farther into project and panic for easier paint scheme :o :doh:

I'm going to do a

Hasegawa E-3 first in BoB markings,

and time allows its I also have a

Classic Airframes "A"

Fujimi "K"

Hasegawa "G-14"

and I may try to finish my Eastern GB entrie, Trumpeter 24th G-6 in Hartmann white camo. Its about 60% done thou....

I'll start with a 1/48 ICM BF-109F-4Z/Trop. There should be enough bits in there to do a standard -4 from JG54. Time permitting, I'll add a Hase 109G-2, also from JG54.

Ken

And the edit-scratch that JG-54 bird. I have a very interesting decal set for a JG77 109F that I'm going with...

Edited by WymanV

Here is my list for potential candidates:

1/48 RoG Bf-109K-4 done up as Black 265

1/48 Fujimi Bf-109- possibly done as a G-6

1/72 Hasegawa E-3 I plan to use the extra parts to make an E-4 Trop. from JG27 in that North African Scheme.

1/72 Airfix Bf-109G-6 being cleaned up and backdated to an earlier variant. This has been started, but nothing painted or glued together.

A few other 1/72 kits from Hasegawa, ICM, Academy, and possibly Hobby Boss.

Thought I may as well join this GB. I've somehow ended up with several Messerschmitts in the collection and need to reduce the unbuilt ones to nil.

My favourite Bf 109 is 'Black Six' which initially came into notoriety when captured by RAAF 3 Sqn in the Western Desert. Possible to build this aircraft in 3 ways; As found in German markings. As repainted and flown by 3 Sqn as a trainer; As the restored aircraft in it's shiny modern paint interpretation of the first scheme.

283171027.jpg

To build this model, I have available a 1/48 Hasegawa F-4/Trop kit, JT12 and 2 1/48 ICM kits, F-2 and F-4Z/Trop all of which include the required parts to make the G-2 version. In stock I have an out of print decal set from Aussie company Daves' Decals which provide all markings needed for the versions of Black 6 mentioned.

As I really want to keep the F-4Z/Trop to build a photo reconnaissance bird in basically the same scheme, I may as well start by using the Hasegawa kit.

297127829.jpg

Edit: Righto! I thought I knew which box in the cardboard emporium the Hasegawa kit was resident, but I was wrong. I eventually turned it up, but in the search I found a Hobby Boss 1/72 scale Bf 109G-2 Tropical, :thumbsup: which had the smaller scale version of Daves' Decals sheet in the box. So that's on the go too.

297127827.jpg

G

296367641.jpg

Edited by Grant in West Oz

I am going to be ambitious seeing that this is a new year. I will be doing 5 kits!

SH100019.jpg

There will be 2 x G6's, 1 x G10, 1 x G14 and an F2 (converted Academy G6). There will of course be some metal and resin....

SH100020.jpg

The subjects will be -

SH100023.jpg

SH100024.jpg

SH100025.jpg

SH100026.jpg

SH100027.jpg

Good luck and happy building (and regular posting) to all.

Geoff

Please sign me up for:

1/48th Bf 109Z (Planet Models)

1/48th Bf 109F-2 (Hasegawa)

1/48th Bf 109F-4 (Hasegawa)

That's a start...as perhaps more will be entered.

Greg

Edited by GGoheen

Put me down for a Hasegawa 1/48 Bf109G-14 converted to an Avia S.199. Includes nose, prop, wing bulges and main gear legs/wheels from Hobbycraft Avia S.199, Aires cockpit, Ultracast exhausts, Eduard photoetch, Verlinden underwing gondolas, SAM Publications Jabo set ETC50 bomb rack and mixture of decals from Isra, Errormaster, Skymodels and my ALPS.

Edit: Also, hopefully plan to have it finished well in advance of Israel's 60th birthday celebrations on May 14, so well within GB deadlines. A symbolic fighter for a symbolic date.

Edited by CraigSargent

Hey guys

Count me in, with a G2 (or 3) based on the Hasegawa 1/48 Fieseler & Skoda FiSk199.

These kits are going cheap at Hannants, but in the box you get a complete 109, plus the usually seperate Luftwaffe Pilot Figures and Equipment set.

I'm not going to build it as the FiSk199 which had a third wheel to allow the aircraft sufficient ground clearence to carry a 250LB bomb plus two 300 litre drop tanks.

This build will also be a little different in that the finished model will be used as the basis for a pencil sketch and then hopefully a finished oil painting.

I'm looking for some markings for this one, the more colourful or interesting the better - any ideas ?

Pete

Edited by Pete Wenman

Hy guys!

My intention in this GB at moment:

1/72 Hasegawa Bf-109 E3 - aircraft flown by Erich Mix, JG 53's technical officer.

1/48 Hobbycraft Bf-109 G4 - maybe in the Regia Aeronautica's colours but I'm not decided...

and if the time permit

1/32 Revell (a very old kit) Bf-109 G4 - ????? (well...)

Regards to all!!!