Post Pics of Your Workbenches!

Pete,

Is that wallpaper or a painting of the F-16?

Hi Mike,

It's a no-kidding billboard; like you'd see on the side of the road. It originally was waaaaay bigger than what you see here. It came in several large panels that had to be cut down to fit the wall. I think what's on the wall is about 1/4 of the original. It went up just like wallpaper.

Regards,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann
so what is (URL) and how do I bring a picture on board from (photobucket),

From what you said above I'm guessing you managed to upload your pix to Photobucket. If so, you should be seeing them in "thumbnail" form (smalller versions of the originals) on your Photobucket page when you sign yourself in. Below each thumbnail image you will see some lines of code--the first is "Email & IM", second is "Direct Link", third is "HTML Code", and the last is "IMG Code"--that is the one you want.

On my computer (I have a Mac), all I have to do is to place my mouse cursor over the "IMG Code" itself, then click the mouse and it is automatically copied for me. I'm not sure how it will work on a PC--give it a try--roll your cursor over the IMG Code, click your mouse, and a little yellow window should pop up which says "Copied". If it doesn't automatically copy for you, you may have to do that "control C" thing with your keyboard to copy the image code.

OK, now that you have the image code, go to ARC, and go to where you want to place your picture. Use your mouse to position the cursor at the place where you want the picture to appear, then hit the "control" and "v" keys on your keyboard. A line of code will appear at that spot. Continue adding pictures and typing in whatever you want to say. When you are done and have hit the "Add Reply" button to post your response, the pictures will appear on ARC.

Is that as clear as mud? It is so hard to explain this stuff with just words. If I was sitting at the computer with you, we could go through the steps in something like maybe 30 seconds and you would see how easy it is.

Good luck, and don't give up--if it still doesn't work for you, I'm sure someone else who is better at explaining these things can help.

Karl

Where is the computer? the TV? CD player? :)

Nice place though.

Ivan

Thanks Ivan! Actually, there is an old stereo system, in one of the corners, complete with radio, cassette deck (remember them?), and a CD player. The TV and computer are in the room next door although I do use my lap top from work in my shop from time to time. :)

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Mike,

It's a no-kidding billboard; like you'd see on the side of the road. It originally was waaaaay bigger than what you see here. It came in several large panels that had to be cut down to fit the wall. I think what's on the wall is about 1/4 of the original. It went up just like wallpaper.

Regards,

Pig

That is very cool! I would like to someday airbrush my walls with an airplane theme. :cheers:

Man O Man..... :D There sure is many old KIDS out there. Now I don't fell bad, my hobby room I call the Hanger, is full like the rest of "USE GUYS".. Soon as I get over being mad at not being able to use the photobucket or how I will jump in with a photo of my mess. You let old salts in, don't Ya. "Boats"..

Man O Man..... :thumbsup: There sure is many old KIDS out there. Now I don't fell bad, my hobby room I call the Hanger, is full like the rest of "USE GUYS".. Soon as I get over being mad at not being able to use the photobucket or how I will jump in with a photo of my mess. You let old salts in, don't Ya. "Boats"..

Boats,

1- Have you successfully created a Photobucket account?

2- Have you been able to upload files from your computer to you Photobucket Account?

Please lt me know. I can help you to do this I just need to know how far you've gotten.

I'm gonna try and make this e-a-s-y. :thumbsup:

David

Edited by 96Delta
Boy, mine seems awfully primitive compared to many I see here, but at least I'm not in a detached garage anymore. Here's my basement setup.

Overview:

121_2194.jpg

My work table. It's an antique card table I found cheap at a flea market:

122_2201.jpg

My airbrush area. The boxes have lasted longer than the Gateway computer did:

121_2196.jpg

Accessories:

121_2200.jpg

And the stash nearby. I really need to invest in some shelving:

121_2198.jpg

You need a new chair, too!!! :cheers: Also, what is that ladder for in the wall???

Jason

I was looking through this and noticed that my photos from when this thread got rolling were from my old workbench. So here is a current view.

DSCN4812.jpg

Now THAT is a great idea!

Using that ledger board to mount your lamps too is exactly

the solution I was looking for! Very innovative! Thanks!

David

Edited by 96Delta

Well David, I did get the photo I wanted up, still made an OPS, anyway this is Eternal Sea Point Memorial Lighthouse I built in that shop you see in back of are home, she is 26 feet, 2350 lbs, has a working light, fog horn, air and heat system,light turns at 1 RPM. that shop is where my hobby room is. Now soon as I take care of my OPS I'll be ready to roll, even this old man has learned something today, took two of you folks. Damo and David. Thank You you both. "Boats"..

Well David, I did get the photo I wanted up, still made an OPS, anyway this is Eternal Sea Point Memorial Lighthouse I built in that shop you see in back of are home, she is 26 feet, 2350 lbs, has a working light, fog horn, air and heat system,light turns at 1 RPM. that shop is where my hobby room is. Now soon as I take care of my OPS I'll be ready to roll, even this old man has learned something today, took two of you folks. Damo and David. Thank You you both. "Boats"..

Very glad the video helped you Boats!

I forgot to put this in that video but you can type on the same

screen after you paste the code for your image. Just hit

the Enter key a couple of times and start typing your

caption. You can type above where you pasted the picture

too.

Have fun!

Oh, and your homestead looks right fine. Love the lighthouse!

and the wharf deck! Where do I tie up Harbor Master? :banana:

David

http://Harvestready.org/

Edited by 96Delta
I was looking through this and noticed that my photos from when this thread got rolling were from my old workbench. So here is a current view.

DSCN4799.jpg

Ron

And that type of workbench is just what I was looking for. How long is your bench? I noted that Lowe's sells kitchen countertops in 4, 6 and 10 foot lengths. I like the file cabinet idea too, as I could use the storage.

And thanks again to David for starting this thread.

Stacey

And that type of workbench is just what I was looking for. How long is your bench? I noted that Lowe's sells kitchen countertops in 4, 6 and 10 foot lengths. I like the file cabinet idea too, as I could use the storage.

And thanks again to David for starting this thread.

Stacey

Mine has been cut down from 10' to fit my old bedroom from when I was just a little guy. Now it is 9'. This is the only modeling bench I've ever had. It has to be getting to be about 30 years old now. The file cabinets have a lot of my supplies, stored in file folders, like strip and sheet styrene, decals, PE, tape, decaling supplies, etc in the drawers.

Ron

Glad to have been of help, Boats! That's a magnificent lighthouse....how long did it take to build?

Picture269.jpg

Hi Damo & David, There is your dock, make fast with your boat. Damo, it took me two years to build this lighthouse, she is all wood. Also building a 35 foot lighthouse in the shop. I think you can say they or models. They come out of my shop as one unit, then I need a crane to pick them up and mount them on a pad. I'll bring the 35 foot up next. "Boats"..

Hi guys,

I must thank you all for this thread because after looking at some of your neat and well laid out work areas, I decided to do something with my mess. So I converted this...

office2.jpg

office3.jpg

to this...

workplace02.jpg

workplace03.jpg

workplace04.jpg

workplace05.jpg

workplace06.jpg

workplace07.jpg

workplace08.jpg

Thanks again for the inspiration to do it.

Geoff

• 7 months later...