Post Pics of Your Workbenches!

My 'workbench' consists of the same 18" square portion of a small table as it has for many years. Here it is a few years back when I was building that F-15J. However I recently bought a lovely old piece of furniture at a car boot sale for a fiver ($9) - I think it's a kind of sewing box - in which I now keep all the tools; the paints remain in a small wooden box I bought a few years back.

halfwaythere.jpg

No fancy workshops here, just an ordinary and quite smallish desk in our bedroom from the late 1930's that we recently bought. It needs some fixing, but otherwise it's solid as a rock - as opposed to the Ikea crap we will never be buying again.

All the supplies are on the wall cabinet (not visible) on the right side of the table. Yeah, I clean my desk after a build session. :thumbsup:

pyt001.jpg

• 2 months later...

DSCN0222.jpg

OK...this is where I hope some of the magic will happen. I'm hoping that I can get a small camping chair in there...and be able to use that as my assembly area.

My wife says I'm nuts. She says, better to grab a space in the dining-room or the living room and have a desk there.

And here's the paint-room. A bit drafty and cold in the wintertime with the door open for ventilation, but hey, it's insulated...(Thanks so much, Landlord, I am so grateful).

n730735294_2037003_3630.jpg

Better shots of my stash:

DSCN0230.jpg

My wife's stash (lower shelf) and 1st level of my stash...

DSCN0228.jpg

Better peek at Level 1 and part of Level 2

DSCN0227.jpg

Level 2 of my stash...

DSCN0226.jpg

Level 3 of my stash...be energy conscious, use compact fluorescent bulbs...lower your hydro/electrical bill...save your money...blow it on kits. :rofl:

Edited by The_Animal

Would like to show you, but I didn't bring my camera! You see, we went looking for a new house today, and I think I found the one. And here's where it gets good: It has not one, but TWO WORKBENCHES already built in. One in the basement (and though it's an unfinished basement it's a nice work area, not dingy or anything) and one in the garage.

I'm thinking the basement one will be modeling central...and there's a built-in shelf unit in the living room that will display my glorious creations.

Oohrah!

Okay, I know at the beginning of this thread the caveat was, "No cleaning of the bench prior to taking the photos." Well I didn't exactly clean it...I just got done building a whole NEW workstation. I built it in a 8' X 10' room in my basement over by the fuse panel. It's in a U- shape and everything is within arm's reach. The computer is ther along with TV, cable, DVD player, CR (yeah..still got one of those) and a small refirgerator. So I didn't clean it..I just haven't USED it yet to build anything...LOL But I will. Here's a few photos..

ModelShop017r-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The spray Booth Room. It's 5' X 7' off the main room and has a sink in it.

ModelShop018r-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Left side

ModelShop020r-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Right side

ModelShop022r-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Part of stash

ModelShop024r-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

My original 1968 vintage Unimat lathe

ModelShop027r-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The other side of the paint room showing the paint rack and dehydrator

There are a couple more photos on my Fotki site here... http://public.fotki.com/tsumner/

Hope you guys lilke it!

Terry Sumner

My son has pretty much taken over the garage as his work area but this is the actual "bench" he's been using for the past couple months. BTW, that's the Hasegawa 1/48 F-16CJ kit and he told me it's one of the best fitting kits he's ever put together.

Mark

100_1789.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's a better shot of mine I took last night while snapping pics of my in-progress (Trumpeter F-14D). I had a table-mounted magnifier/light on it at one point, but I moved it over to the other table out there (not shown in photo) because I so rarely use it.

bench1.jpg

Here is my compact mess, sweet mess. There is an office desk under there somewhere:

DSCF0054.jpg

Guarded by a piece of subframe from a crashed A-4, and a set of expended 20mm casings. Stash stored in another part of the house. Any painting not of the brushing kind done in the adjacent back porch.

Edited by Mumbles
  • 1 year later...

Here's where I work. So much space, and yet so cluttered :wacko:

CLUTTERED? I see at least 9 sq. inches of workspace there. Might as well be a football field compared to what my bench usually seems to end up like.