Post Pics of Your Workbenches!

Ok, nothing on my bench has changed since opening this thread. However, because of a new years party, my desk was cleaned and overrun by cups and plates. I'll be starting a new model today...so all my books, CD's, and eating utencils better get the memo and move out of the way!

modelbench001.jpg

Looking left from the desk is the shelf with supplies...rather empty right now.

modelbench002.jpg

SLICK

Edited by slick95
I see I have found a fellow St. Louis Rams fan :banana:.
Actually, I'm a Ram fan. Never been to St. Louis. Went to my first Ram game as a 10 year old at the L.A. Coloseium(sic) when Roman Gabriel and the "Fearsome Foursome" were on the team. But, yeah, big Ram fan no matter how crappy they play. Looking foward to the draft.

This was my bench six years ago when Twobobs were running a contest looking to find the messiest workbench. This actually appeared in a print magazine ad:

Mami_Oct02.jpg

It's much neater now. In fact, next month, I'll be building myself a new workbench in a different part of my shop, so that I can start using this bench for woodworking and home improvement projects again. As you can see, its original purpose was as a bench for my radial arm saw, which I rarely use anymore.

Here's mine. Recently installed in the attic. I've built 3 models here when this pic was taken. I clean up everything after each kit is completed, vacuum and everything. I like to start with a clean working area (even in the kitchen when cooking, my other hobby).

stekkie.jpg

Cheers,

Leon

Hey Tony,

Noticed the EA-6A, but how 'bout that pic of Big Daddy's dragster? If I'm not mistaken, that's one of the early rear engined cars. Cool!!

Chuck

That pic was taken aboard the USS Lexington in 1972 with a Navy A-7 in the back ground. Don Garlits was part sponsored then by the US Navy. In a speed comparison,Garlits might have won this seemingly uneaqual race :cheers: At that time Garlits was hitting 252.7 miles an hour at 5.6 sec on the 1320! As you can see I've been a long time Drag Racing fan. Got hooked at the drag strip when a mechanic in a garage I hung around took me to the track in his new 1969 Dodge Swinger 340 :D I was 12yrs old at the time.

Did a bit of racing in my day also with a best time of 10.20 on the 1/4 mile in my 1968 Baldwin Motion Nova SS which I had extensivly modified.

Ahh,the good old days

Tony

DCFN0002.jpg

Edited by Tony Hayes

This is where my workbench will eventually be:

SD530447.jpg

A room in our basement, free for me to tinker with.

I just gotta take out all the trash and construction stuff, add some plasterboard, electricity, wallpaper, lamps, carpet, desk, shelves, sofa.... :blink:

...and then I can start putting in the modelling stuff. Spray booth, compressor, tools, kits, computer, maybe a photo setup. :D

And only then can I start modelling. :cheers: :D

Actually, I'm a Ram fan. Never been to St. Louis. Went to my first Ram game as a 10 year old at the L.A. Coloseium(sic) when Roman Gabriel and the "Fearsome Foursome" were on the team. But, yeah, big Ram fan no matter how crappy they play. Looking foward to the draft.

Same here...my uncle and I have been big fans ever since they were in LA. Matter of fact, my uncle has a pic of me when I was like 5 or 6 years old wearing a Vince Ferragamo jersey, and another one of me wearing a Nolan Cromwell jersey...lol.

Nice!

Tracy- can't wait to see what you come up with, given the thread about it not long ago!

Zacto - thanks for the TV idea! I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that. I've decided that when I move (again), I will set up a TV in the model room/office because sometimes it's a buzzkill to have to choose between watching something and building (or surfing ARC into the wee hours, as the case may be). But I hadn't quite figured out how it would work... till now. The computer desk I have is one of those corner models, so I'll just go find some sort of bracket to mount the TV to the wall corner above the monitor. Brilliant! (as they say!)