Post Pics of Your Workbenches!

Actually, I'm a Ram fan. Never been to St. Louis. Went to my first Ram game as a 10 year old at the L.A. Coloseium(sic) when Roman Gabriel and the "Fearsome Foursome" were on the team. But, yeah, big Ram fan no matter how crappy they play. Looking foward to the draft.

I too am a long time (35 yrs) Rams fan. I miss the 1999-2001 "Greatest Show on Turf" teams. They could really light it up and put points on the board VERY quickly. It was a rough season this year though. Hopefully they can get their issues ironed out and put a winning team on the field again soon.

Joe

There's only one caveat: you cannot clean your

modeling area up before you take the photo!

In the immortal words of Eye-Gore ... "Too late."

room02.jpg

room03.jpg

Pics take some time ago, and immediately after the ocassionally-annual cleaning ... much, much clutterier (is that a word?) now.

Well, the wife and I bought a new house a little over a year ago. Part of the bargain was that I wanted a Hobby Room. Fortunately, my wife does her own crafts and such so she gave in but wanted her own work space too. We took one of the spare rooms, added shelves and built a desk using a bathroom drawer unit and a kitchen counter top. Worked out pretty good. I got half the room plus the closet and she gets the other half. It kind of annoys her though that I use half of her shelves for model storage too.

Onto the pics:

Here is the desk with storage and such. I use CO2 for airbrushing. Got XM Radio and iPod for tunes.

desk.jpg

Left half:

leftside.jpg

Right half:

rightside.jpg

I've got a ton of storage but somehow managed to fill it up. The kits on the top shelf are 2 deep for the larger 1/48 jets and 3 deep for the medium 1/48 jets. I'm set for this life time and then some...

Rodney

I don't even have a workbench...when my daughter was born I started working out of a tupperware tub holding the most essential tools and a few paints. Most of the stuff was kept in the back room where she couldn't get at it. So, I can work pretty much anywhere.

Looking good fellas! :banana:

I'm getting a bunch of good ideas on how best to setup my future modeling 'studio'. LOL

Or, what my wife would call my place of waste! (wasted time, wasted money, wasted space, etc. )

I've even been thinking about what a portable workbench might look like base on what I've seen.

God willing, I'll be able to complete this project when summer returns so please keep those ideas flowing in.

Here's a pic of my original bench that occupied a tiny corner of my overcrowded basement many years ago. I've since moved the stuff upstairs to its own room where it isn't as well setup or accessible. Maybe I made a mistake moving it upstairs. Sorry its only in black & white. :blink:

david.bench.jpg

So keep those pics coming! Oh, and if you like this thread and want to see it grow into a library of modelers workbenches, by all means add this banner to your sig (but don't link to it in case I change it in the future. Just copy it to your photobucket or other image hosting account then display it from there.)

Thanks to all of you who shared your pics with us :salute:

...now where are the rest of you?? :D

David

Edited by 96Delta

When we first looked at our current home, my new bride came up from the basement with the realtor and told me to take a look down there that it would make a great model room / office. The guy who owned the house was a wood worker. All the custom work benches were in place, peg board on the walls, the basement divided in half with the other side finished out with carpet, drop ceiling and paneling. It did not take long to decide on this one.

Visitors are always welcome.

Cheers,

Dave

The engineering area:

workroom1.jpg

The creativity area:

The paint booth was custom made by a really good sheet metal worker at one of my former employers during a slow time in the shop. The booth will probably outlast me.

workroom2.jpg

The infamous “Stashâ€:

stash.jpg

Here's mine. It's an old roll-top desk I found in someone's garbage (man, what a lucky find) and 30 seconds after this picture was taken, it was back to it's usual messy state.

2c861a1e.jpg

What's even better, when I want to hide the mess, I just roll down the top.

db4d3ac1.jpg

This picture was taken a while ago. It looks a little different now, with two tables in an L. I'll post an updated picture this weekend.

workspace.jpg

Terry, that is an awesome display cabinet, and the contents look fantastic!

Edited by zeus60
Thank you....you just gave my wife a reason to get off my back about the 30 kits I have on the shelf

You are most welcome, sir. And, if the one pic doesn't work, tell her the other half of the stash is in the other end of the basement and I couldn't get a good camera angle into the room to take a picture.

Cheers,

Dave

You are most welcome, sir. And, if the one pic doesn't work, tell her the other half of the stash is in the other end of the basement and I couldn't get a good camera angle into the room to take a picture.

Cheers,

Dave

:) :wub: :D

Well here's my workbench with me working on it. I normally shared this room with my brother but he has now left the house so I have the whole room and the other side too for my modelling desk. :) I love it.

P1020024.jpg

Daniel

My wife actually put a "do not cross" police tape (she made it herself) across the door to my workshop three days ago. She said it was a crime scene!

I am in the process of removing the evidence.

I've got to look into building myself one of those paint racks that some of you have. Right now, all my paint is in drawers. But then where to put TwoBobs F/A-18C print...

Rodney

Hey Rodney,

here are some nice articles on how to make a paintrack. Hope this helps a bit...

One

Two

Daniel :blink:

Rodney,

The February 2007 issue of Finescale Modeler has a very

good article entitled "Build this easy-to-make paint-bottle

rack" by Matthew Usher (page 42-44).

I built this rack based on his design. It differs a little

in size, color, materials and some trim I added

but otherwise I was faithful with his design. :D

It took all of 2 weekends to build, mostly

because I used varnish and needed to wait for it

to dry.

If you wanted to do it like Matt's article describes

you could easily knock it out in one day.

If you don't have the article and would like to

have it please let me know and I'll scan

it into a pdf and send it to you.

- David

paintrack640x480.jpg

Edited by 96Delta

A few shots of my Man-Cave. When we purchased our home, my wife stated, "all your crap can live here!" So, I now have an entire basement to my own. For the past couple of months I've been working on HO train related stuff. I'll make the switch - no pun intended - back to aviation later this month.

Cheers,

Dave

Model-Room--.jpg

Model-Room-.jpg