Post Pics of Your Workbenches!

If you don't have the article and would like to

have it please let me know and I'll scan

it into a pdf and send it to you.

Could I please have a scan of it too! I need to do something aswell about my paint draw!

A few shots of my Man-Cave. When we purchased our home, my wife stated, "all your crap can live here!" So, I now have an entire basement to my own. For the past couple of months I've been working on HO train related stuff. I'll make the switch - no pun intended - back to aviation later this month.

Cheers,

Dave

Model-Room--.jpg

Model-Room-.jpg

I have a friend of mine who thought that too..................He gave me all his kits about 3 months later

Here's my corner of the house. This is a "before" shot - before I started to complain that my bench was too small :D

Workbench002.jpg

...and here's a shot of the entire area devoted to my pursuits:

Workbench005.jpg

This morning, I picked up my new workbench (computer desk). My daughter - some magic we prepared earlier - thoroughly tested the structural integrity of the new dibs:

Workbench010.jpg

Workbench013.jpg

...and pronounced it fit for use. Here it is - not quite set up yet. Tomorrow, I'll be adding a set of shelves with a cupboard at the bottom.

Workbench016.jpg

Well here is the Johnson's hobby room.

Behind where I took the photo's is the new airbrushing area and the fridge and microwave.

workbench01.jpg

workbench02.jpg

workbench03.jpg

workbench04.jpg

workbench06.jpg

The girls call our hobby area "The Dungeon" as it is downstairs.

:cheers:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike
A few shots of my Man-Cave. When we purchased our home, my wife stated, "all your crap can live here!" So, I now have an entire basement to my own. For the past couple of months I've been working on HO train related stuff. I'll make the switch - no pun intended - back to aviation later this month.

Cheers,

Dave

Model-Room--.jpg

I know this will sound weird, but the first thing I noticed was the TV. Judging from the AA 757 on the screen- that is the news story about missile defense lasers on airliners. I saw that story on FNC yesterday. Told you it was weird.

Nice work area too. :cheers:

Chappie

Okay, here is what my work area looks like today. Even though I've only had the two tables for a few weeks, I've already learned I don't like the L. I'm going to make a single bench, eight feet long, against the wall, and mount a paint rack to the space on the right.

workspace20080106.jpg

Edited by zeus60
Posting this for Phantom

As you can see, I have yet to put the dry-wall up...But it looks like that might be YEARS away in any case.

Thanks

Shawn

desk5.jpg

desk4.jpg

desk3.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk.jpg

My goodness you actually build your models. Thats quite the collection of hornets. I usually lose about a kit a week to my son. Just to be safe don't invite us to your house.

Ron

Hey Zeus, just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the L configuration of your desks? I wanted to go to an L set up, but don't have the space. Anyway, here is a pic of my little slice of heaven.

DSC09742.jpg

DSC09739.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg
Hey Zeus, just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the L configuration of your desks? I wanted to go to an L set up, but don't have the space. Anyway, here is a pic of my little slice of heaven.
I really like the "L" configuration. SWMBO's not to thrilled that I used her Foosball table as the right angle of the "L" so I will have to make a change there. She also informed me that if anything is put on top of her air hockey table I'm a mile past dead! :D Edited by Huey Gunner
Hey Zeus, just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the L configuration of your desks? I wanted to go to an L set up, but don't have the space.

In my case, it is difficult to sit on the shorter edge. Also, I was hoping to be able to face the corner, but the leg of the long edge gets in the way, so the corner area is not terribly useful. These issues might not apply if (1) the table wasn't quite so deep (30 inches, about 75 cm) or (2) the shorter edge was longer (it's only 30 inches wide). In addition, the room is carpeted, so it would difficult to roll from one spot to another. (I say "would be" because my chair does not have wheels.) I noticed that a number of other modelers have L configurations and don't seem to have any problems, so it is probably just me.

BTW, this link on aeroscale also shows a number of workbenches. (Hope it's not tacky to mention another site!) :coolio: