Post Pics of Your Workbenches!

It's parchment paper (aka, baking paper). You can buy it at the grocery store in rolls just like the ones that wax paper, saran wrap or tin foil come in. It's meant for use in the oven, so it handles the heat from photo-floods without any problem, although it does yellow a bit after several uses. I'm not saying it's fire-proof, but I've found it adequate as a temperature resistant diffuser for standard photo-flood lamps. I just folded the edges over and fixed the corners with paper clips.

Boy, mine seems awfully primitive compared to many I see here, but at least I'm not in a detached garage anymore. Here's my basement setup.

Overview:

121_2194.jpg

My work table. It's an antique card table I found cheap at a flea market:

122_2201.jpg

My airbrush area. The boxes have lasted longer than the Gateway computer did:

121_2196.jpg

Accessories:

121_2200.jpg

And the stash nearby. I really need to invest in some shelving:

121_2198.jpg

Edited by David Walker

Here's mine. We thought this house was big when we bought it, but two kids later....thus I needed something compact.

I built this based on some plans I found on ARC many moons ago. Not as much space as I'd like but if I had more room, there'd just be more clutter! ;)

The top part has my spares box, some "in-progress" models, some patches and misc other stuff. The bottom has some unbuilt kits as well as some other junk I just had to get out of the way.

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

-Mike

Interesting use for a bike seat......

When I first set up out in my detached garage I was looking around for something to use as a airbrush holder. I happened to glance over at an old bicycle seat I had lying on top of some boxes and though, "No, that will never work. I found it too easily." But son of a gun, it's perfect. I've been using it for three or four years now.

My workbench area:

DSCF0007.jpg

"2"

DSCF0008.jpg

Note that the ARC forums are on the screen. My motto, the more space you have, the more models you can try to build at the same time.

Man Cave:

Dog, Xbox, TV, Books, airplane pics, models, and SWMBO that tolerates it all, what more could a guy ask for?

DSCF0011.jpg

ok, I finally got stuck on the next (last) step on the Bronco L-4 - stuff is gluing so I need to stop touching it. Thusly, some photos i took a couple days ago I am finally getting to posting.

We only moved into this new (1st!) home in October, and the Hobby Room was rather low on the priority list. I did wait, though, until I had managed to make a bit of a mess of it so no one would think I had violated the rules and cleaned it first. lol

Here's my half of the modelling area

workbench01.jpg

Jeni's (she hasn't gotten rolling yet, just enough to open her X-wing again and look at it)

workbench03-jeni.jpg

Another angle at mine

workbench02.jpg

And my allowed "in the hobby room" stash. I made a stash rule of no more than 10 unbuilts in the hobby room with me... aftermarket doesn't count if it is for the same model Rest of our ridiculous stash is out in the garage right now.

workbench04.jpg

The strange Seattle Skyline paintjob on the walls came with the house. I'd like it fine if it only had ONE Space Needle... will probably fix that up eventually...

121_2194.jpg

David, I don't mean to be mean or make fun of you or anything, but I laughed out loud in real life when I saw your pictures. You have this whole room and all you have is this little 1 sq. ft. table in the middle. And the walls are bare concrete. Again, not to make fun or anything, but it's hilarious!

Matt

Edited by hazmatt

Wel I'm a new old salt on the block, one thing I see in all the hobby rooms I understand one thing, you mold yourself in that room as time goes by. Me on the other hand am the same way, "don't dare move any thing out of place, you may spend the hole day looking for one item. My shop is a 25x36 foot shop, I can spend a week looking for one item. I'm retired Navy 24 yrs, retired Merchant Marines 15 yrs, some 31 yrs at sea. Many of my models built at sea, or at different bases. Right now I'm building a 35 foot lighthouse in my shop, before that was a 26 foot lighthouse, Eternal Sea Point Memorial Lighthouse for all shipmates lost at sea for as far back in history as you want to go. The 35 ft lighthouse is for 9 /11, Freedom Point Memorial Lighthouse. Both will stand there duty here at my home here in Seabeck, Washington. Then I can get back to building the little stuff again. I have built smaller lighthouses, 3 ft to 6 ft. But I want to build a mockup of a C-47 cockpit and bolt that on the side of my shop and that will be my music room. I have over 450 airplane kits and about 200 built in show cases, ship kits I'm not sure but I think I may have a 100 kits. Like to add some photos but I'm not sure how thats done on this site. This is my second post on this site, been reading all post in every corner of this site for some time, still lost. Well I'm here if you want to ask me some thing, then may be I'm too old for this group. My first model was built in 1954, an F9F which I still have. I'll set the watch now. "Boats"..

Hi "Boats"!

Posting pix here on ARC is easy. Go on over to Photobucket

http://photobucket.com/

and register with a screen name and password (basic member ship is free). Then you can follow the very simple instructions on the photobucket site to upload your pix. Once your pix are on Photobucket, you will notice several lines of code under each picture--the last one in the column will be the image code (it is the one ending in "img"). Copy that code (all I have to do is roll my mouse over it--it automatically highlights and copies the code). Then go to ARC, log on to the forum, either start your own discussion or reply to an already existing discussion. Place your cursor where you want a picture to appear and paste it there (on my Mac I paste by hitting the "Command" and "V" keys, on a PC I believe it is "Control" and "V").

The above sounds WAY more difficult than it actually is--just be sure to copy and paste the .img code and everything will work fine.

HTH!

Karl

David, I don't mean to be mean or make fun of you or anything, but I laughed out loud in real life when I saw your pictures. You have this whole room and all you have is this little 1 sq. ft. table in the middle. And the walls are bare concrete. Again, not to make fun or anything, but it's hilarious!

Matt

thought the same thing when saw the picture :banana:

Ivan

Hi Karl, Well I tryed the photobucket, they think we all have a cell phone and I do not. Never had one, yep there our people like me who don't depend on a cell phone. 31 years at sea may be the reason. So I'll just stay under the clouds for now. I know folks that can't 10 feet away from the dog on thing, Hell I still play records and tapes, must be my age. Thanks any way, "Boats"..

Hi Karl, Well I tryed the photobucket, they think we all have a cell phone and I do not. Never had one, yep there our people like me who don't depend on a cell phone. 31 years at sea may be the reason. So I'll just stay under the clouds for now. I know folks that can't 10 feet away from the dog on thing, Hell I still play records and tapes, must be my age. Thanks any way, "Boats"..

Boats,

Try Photobucket again and leave the cell number blank. When the page comes up wanting you to enter your cell to enter some kind of contest, notice at the top of the page that you're registration is actually complete and you can click on a link to take you into Photobucket proper.

Eric

Look folks, I know more about going to sea then useing this dame computer. (Ctri) is command I just found out :doh: . so what is (URL) and how do I bring a picture on board from (photobucket), need a road map and I type with two fingers, play my records every night. There's my sign. "Boats"..