C-17 Globemaster III

Just wanted to start one of these. :thumbsup:

Not to start anything controversial. . but can I make the case for **NOT** having one-thread homes for aircraft types? We're already seeing one-thread homes full of red X's where piccies used to be, as they are removed from servers or people's photobucket accounts etc. At least before the thread that went red X'd would disappear back down the listings into oblivion, a good thing when there is no longer anything of value contained therein, now they will exist for eternity but just get added to, meaning pages of red x's to get to a good piccy, or an unholy mix of disappeared pics and still extant ones in a thread. . messy rather than tidy IMHO.

Just my thoughts. . . . .

Not to start anything controversial. . but can I make the case for **NOT** having one-thread homes for aircraft types? We're already seeing one-thread homes full of red X's where piccies used to be, as they are removed from servers or people's photobucket accounts etc. At least before the thread that went red X'd would disappear back down the listings into oblivion, a good thing when there is no longer anything of value contained therein, now they will exist for eternity but just get added to, meaning pages of red x's to get to a good piccy, or an unholy mix of disappeared pics and still extant ones in a thread. . messy rather than tidy IMHO.

Just my thoughts. . . . .

Well there are already countless threads of other aircraft that are the same type of thing as this one, so are you going to post that in all of them? People are going to post pics anyway.

Well there are already countless threads of other aircraft that are the same type of thing as this one, so are you going to post that in all of them? People are going to post pics anyway.

No no, I've just been thinking about it for a few weeks, and finally decided to say something. Like I said, nothing more than sharing my thoughts that great new pics deserve a unique thread, not to be buried eight pages back on a "1 type" thread full of red x's and dead links. I wasn't picking on your thread, it was just a new, convenient in to say something, just for opinions.

No no, I've just been thinking about it for a few weeks, and finally decided to say something. Like I said, nothing more than sharing my thoughts that great new pics deserve a unique thread, not to be buried eight pages back on a "1 type" thread full of red x's and dead links. I wasn't picking on your thread, it was just a new, convenient in to say something, just for opinions.

Gotcha! No biggie. :thumbsup:

:P A couple of pics taken at Kurnell south of Sydney, just across Botany Bay from Sydney Airport. The quality isn't so good, these were taken several years ago with the still capture function of my video camera. The aircraft is on approach to Sydney Airport.

Pics1205.jpg

Pics1204.jpg

:thumbsup:,

Ross.

Here are some C-17s from a red xer. :doh:

I rotate my images as it is not my intention to create a lasting record of my posts.

I have over 10,000 images over on Primeportal that are my lasting legacy, :)

at least as long as people support Don's outstanding reference site. :coolio:

The images like the ones posted below are for your enjoyment "right here, right now".

From watching ARC over a number of years, not alot of searching of the archives goes

on anyway, so if it drops off the front page people tend to start a new one.

On with the Globemaster IIIs!

City of Altus

C-17A_93-0602_20060520.jpg

Not a cool as Rips EC-130, but here is a C-17 trying to speed up the earth!

C-17A_98-0051_20060520a.jpg

Finally a C-17 with a nice rate of climb during a demo flight at Altus. Very impressive demo if you get a chance to watch one.

C-17A_98-0051_20060520.jpg

TTFN,

bill

Hey Bill, it is good to see your C-17 shots. When are you going to make the Holloman trip?

C-17A98-0057962ndAWDMAFBApr051.jpg

C-17A98-0057962ndAWDMAFBApr052.jpg

probably not the best place to be asling this..but is that a b-18 in the background of the first pic..and whatever it is..is it airworthy?!?!

sean

probably not the best place to be asling this..but is that a b-18 in the background of the first pic..and whatever it is..is it airworthy?!?!

sean

No, it is Pima's B-18. Every time D-M has an open house Pima provides some vintage aircraft that are towed over for display and for a couple of years the B-18 was one of those. It is noe inside the large hangar at Pima.

How many Canadian C-17s are currently in service? I look forward to seeing one someday.

IIRC there are two in service right now(177001 and 177002 I think :blink: ) and then 2 more come online this year. right now we have only purchased 4 and i dont think there is any plan for any more, but with the use they are getting..i wouldnt be surprised if we get a few more, they are perfect for the arctic.

i do beleive we are also getting c-130J's, but im not sure if that is finalised or not.

sean

Well I think I can add some to this post well alot, I was a C-17 Loadmaster with the 452nd AMW. Here are some Pics from a trip, one that I was crewing and was taken by the guys from JetWash Photos, and a couple little Videos you might like.

Some AR:

Altus020.jpg

Altus023.jpg

Altus022.jpg

Full Load + Medical supplies to Kwajileen Atoll:

100_0456.jpg

100_0442.jpg

100_0537.jpg