raz is just jealous that i was actually in the corps. and he just wants to be in the corps! anyway i love a fully loaded aircraft! so it re-fuels three times before it hits it's target zone! who cares. that's what a refuel probe is for!!!

Semper Fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever
raz is just jealous that i was actually in the corps. and he just wants to be in the corps! anyway i love a fully loaded aircraft! so it re-fuels three times before it hits it's target zone! who cares. that's what a refuel probe is for!!!

Semper Fi

Dan

Not to mention "relief" tube!!! :moai:

• 2 weeks later...

Well all right- I actually have been able to do *some* work on it... :thumbsup: Not much, but it's progress. I need to take my time and take better pictures, too.

zombiekid064.jpg

Here's just a little bit of the weight I am putting in the front of this thing. This is the stuff inside the GAU-8's magazine drum.

zombiekid065.jpg

Here's the raw, almost totally unpainted GAU-8, wisely checked for fit inside the fuselage several times so I don't have any surprises when I go to put it in there.

seahogandwalk006.jpg

A bit of progress on the gun, but far from done.

seahogandwalk005.jpg

Another angle of the gun.

seahogandwalk008.jpg

The gun, along side the GBU-24s before their ablative coating treatment.

seahogandwalk012.jpg

Instrument panels after the basic black coat- no details added yet as of this photo.

seahogandwalk009.jpg

The hearty crew, minus their heads, and still in need of detailing on hoses/buckles/etc.

That's some of the progress where the pics came out (relatively) clear. I've gotten some work done on the engines, wings, and landing gear as well, but I need to take my time and take some decent pics of those.

Hopefully I'll get to do that tonight, but again, I'm in the middle of editing a feature-length zombie movie, so time is precious. :pray:

JB

Bro,

YOU ARE GOING TO NEED MORE WEIGHT!!!! I have 4 12g bird shot shotgun shells in the one I have.

S/F,

Mark

Yep- I've got more weight than that. That was just the weight I've crammed into the gun's magazine drum. Up front, I'll be utilizing every bit of space I can to keep that thing nose-down. :coolio:

jb

Neat seeing the gun separate there and creepy headless pilots! <_<

They're almost not headless now! :D I'm finishing up the detail on their heads, and then they get glued on.

The only problem with the gun being such a detailed, cool separate piece is that you're just not going to see much of it. I don't plan on building a lot of bays hanging open, as I want the thing to look like it's just about to take off and go blow stuff up.

Still, it was fun to build the gun, and I think (since they gave me an extra visible muzzle) that I may leave that one out, and put the other muzzle on.

jb

Bro,

YOU ARE GOING TO NEED MORE WEIGHT!!!! I have 4 12g bird shot shotgun shells in the one I have.

S/F,

Mark

Are you sure you're not building a 1/32 Warthog? I have no idea where in theee he11 you would put 12-ga. shotgun shells in that thing. In any event, the gun (complete version) will be on the shelf beside it. The second muzzle they included will be the one in the model. Now for some pictures!

romanseahog006.jpg

Cockpit tubs, did some dry brushing, but both tubs need some touching up. The control sticks are not actually cemented in.

romanseahog008.jpg

Bang seats coming along. I'd like to get some more detail on them, and dirty them up a bit.

romanseahog010.jpg

The crew- saluting pilot and distant WSO.

romanseahog011.jpg

Engine assembly. As I'm modeling the jet getting ready to take off and go do damage, I doubt very much if I'll display these open.

jb

Thanks. I wish the progress was actually going good- I'm getting to work on it only about once every 4 days. It's kind of irking me...

Tomorrow I have very little to do- so maybe I'll get to work on it.

jb

Better progress now! Got some uninhibited time to work on it, and so here it goes. I've gotten the front weighted down, and the fuselage halves are together. Tonight, I'm hoping to get some more time free to start working on getting the wings to sit right, and start doing some more detail work on landing gear and weapons.

I've also gotten the engines and the tail section on. Wings are my next big hurdle. Enough of this! PICTURES!

Hoggies033.jpg

The crew, seated in the fuselage. Didn't have too many fit issues with this, except fitting the front landing gear section into the fuselage.

Hoggies034.jpg

The best view I could manage of the front-seater's IP. Every other shot came out blurry. The worst part is that all that detailing, and most of it just can't even be seen. It has brass, black, gray, steel, clear red, clear blue, clear green, and flat yellow on it. You can mostly see black and gray. Bummer.

Hoggies037.jpg

A little bit wider view of the fuselage with engines attached (Covers not cemented in place)

Hoggies039.jpg

The back-seater (Callsign "Smoke") in place.

Hoggies041.jpg

The front-seater (Call sign "Valkyrie"). I can't tell whether it's a salute, or a helmet adjustment.

Hopefully I'll get to work on it more tonight.

JB

lookin' good josh. what wing issues? i didn't have any.

Semper Fi

Dan

When I slide them into the slots, it just seems like the fit isn't 100% snug. I've been doing some filing and sanding, which seems to have helped.

I'm headed back down to work on it in just a minute- I may actually be able to finish off a 1/144 Tomcat I've been working on as well. By this coming weekend, I want to be pre-shading and airbrushing this A-10. :whistle:

jb

Wings are on! :D Went pretty well, as I strapped them up with a piece of masking tape from one wingtip, over the top of the plane, to the other wingtip to keep them at just the right angle.

Got some more figures ready for the diorama around the plane, and continued on with the detailing of the weapons.

jb

Thanks everyone! Back to work now for a few days, so I might not get to work on it as much as I want, but then I'm off Friday/Saturday again, so I'm still thinking it's airbrush time this coming weekend.

During the day (I work nights) I am hoping to continue work on the weapons/figures/landing gear.

jb