Other photography besides aviation

Exceptional work there Fuji! Very nice stuff. I agree there is something special about B&W done the traditional way.

bikinibinkiegirl.jpg

Sorry dude I couldn't resist. :salute:

Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to check out the rest of my photostream on Flickr. And that image above, though a bit over Photoshoped around the eyes still deserves a :D

Edited by Fuji

I do landscapes, wildlife, still lifes, weddings for hire, portraits, some glamour.

Here is a sample. This is Firehole Falls in Yellowstone.

FireholeFallsa.jpg

It helps when you live in one of the most beautiful areas in the world!

Yep, I love the expensive hobbies like Photography (Woodworking = expensive tools too). I never really had a certain style of pictures that I took until I took a landscape photography class. Now I am hooked.

p112619236-5.jpg

p331318442-5.jpg

p330154569-5.jpg

p139022431-5.jpg

p182590414-5.jpg

Edited by BlueNosers352nd

Some of the stuff I enjoy taking pics of:

The resevoir up behind my house, in fall

DSC00438.jpg

Sunrise, one morning on the way to work.....not the 'best' one, but still

DSC00412.jpg

Speaks for itself......

DSC00104.jpg

Stopping to smell the 'Flower'.....(it's a family pet-and yes, her name is 'Flower')

DSC01185.jpg

Pumpkin lighting ceremony with the Confirmation class

DSC00237.jpg

My high school Marching Band......some 20 years later, with my youngest brother now playing alto sax

DSC02993.jpg

And something that I enjoy......dio set ups and storytelling of my G.I. Joe 3 3/4" action figures (don't worry, I won't bore you guys with too many of these!!)

DSC01594_edited.jpg

Beside jets I shoot mostly industrial buildings at night. Leads sometimes to some "nice" small talk with the security guys, or freezing solid but sometimes you can get great pics

img4812kleinww4.jpg

Aside from that you can find me beside some football fields. Definitly the ultamte test for any camera and lense shooting at flood lighted stadiums. Anyone giving away a an 70-200 2.8 IS for free :cheers:

img8277dg3.jpg

sometimes I go for trains. The only chance on taking pics of fast moving stuff here aside from jets.

img6764mgfpw7.jpg

Edited by Erdferkel
From these trips out, sometimes you get some abstracts....

p417276339-5.jpg

p72351980-5.jpg

p472155135-5.jpg

I also love getting reflections....

p898311398-5.jpg

p799878514-5.jpg

p1070280171-5.jpg

I like aqautic themed myself.....When my camera was working :bandhead2:

These are very nice shots. Water is such a great background as well as a main subject.

Since I bought my digital a few years ago, I am more encouraged to take a lot more pictures. If all else fails just delete and take some more. Last summer my wife and I spent part of the day exploring the Fundy National Park here in New Brunswick on the east coast of Canada. Of course the camera came along for the ride. Here are some pictures that I took that day. I hope to get some printed and framed to hang on the wall.

Wayne Beattie

sea1.jpg

road1.jpg

fall3.jpg

covered1.jpg

Here's one I took with the 3.2 when my parachute failed ;) :

speed.jpg

Awesome shot, Rat. That’s an amazing zoom-effect you got there.

quote name='MA Cooke' date='Jan 3 2008, 09:08 AM' post='1257222']

I like doing black & white...I did a series on "People Working" years ago, all shot with my Nikon N90 and Ilford B&W film.

Simple, yet powerful. That’s the power of B&W for you, MA Cooke. Great sequence topic.

Marine4ever, great wildlife shots of that cougar.

Matt, I like those night shots and the abstracts. Great composition on the rock.

Rampage…awesome shots. Really liked the one with the red-tide. That was a definitely an eye-catcher, also the Death Valley Abstract.

BlueNosers352nd, Great shots. That class must have been really fun. And man…those shots are keepers. You oughta poster-size the one of the mist-on-the-lake. http://jimbofoxman.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p330154569-5.jpg  That one!

Sig Saur & Son, nice shots of the wildlife. Wish we could see more of that stuff, but a friend of mine and I are going up to Squamish to shoot some bald-eagles (with digital cameras). Hopefully we’ll come back with some nice shots.

Sebastijan, I like the shot of the Husky, and the bike jumper. Terrific perspective on the tracks. Nice sequence of shots picked to post.

Mike…great shots, really like the reflections on the water and great contrast of the swimming pool lane dividers.

Max, Excellent shot of the cathedral stained glass window.

Erdferkel…beauty sequence of shots. Especially love the reactor shot. Hope you weren’t detained too long. :nanner:

Quiddy, I like the perpective on the bridge. You shoot with an SLR? Maybe a polarizer would help bring out the blue in the sky.