Other photography besides aviation

Rat all of those photos are stunning!! The water on that lake is like glass, it looks very peaceful.

Thanks. The only ripples at that moment were from my canoe and my paddle. A few minutes later I started fishing and all Hell broke loose! w00t.gif

This is the first time I've ever posted pics by copying and pasting from my facebook page. Quality isn't the greatest, but it's sure easier than messing around with Photobucket. Wondering if c&p from Google+ might be better, I've heard it's a better photo platform.

Sunrise at Killarney Provincial Park, Ontario

1008300319.jpg

Remind ME of a Sunset I once watched from boathouse on Lake DAL, Kashmir, INDIA..

The wide Angle shot and the sun setting..like serendipity ... :sunrevolves:

Thanks

HOLMES :wub: :wub:

The wide Angle shot and the sun setting..like serendipity ... sunrevolves.gif

Thanks

HOLMES wub.gifwub.gif

Might have a sunset shot somewhere in my collection, but can't remember the last time I took one. Sunrise is way better than a sunset any day.

Might have a sunset shot somewhere in my collection, but can't remember the last time I took one. Sunrise is way better than a sunset any day.

That would be nice to see too...any sunset or sunrise is heart stopping. :wub:

Watched sunrise on the same Lake DAL with the morning dew and mist rising on the cool still waters is very atmospheric..

With the soft clouds covering the rising sun like a golden halo...PERFECT..

no photos to show though .. :thumbsup:

Went for a drive last night to the Swissair 111 memorial at Peggy's Cove for some sunset shots.

IMG_6625_zpsd3c19499.jpg

IMG_6626_zps0a3b24ef.jpg

The famous lighthouse at Peggy's Cove

IMG_6631_zpsa62a3f38.jpg

IMG_6633_zpsc8b1653a.jpg

As always a few flights overhead, this one heading south.

IMG_6634_zps42db9abf.jpg

The memorial to the rescue and recovery workers and volunteers

IMG_6636_zpse0f8f10d.jpg

And the one for the victims

IMG_6637_zps928bf7de.jpg

IMG_6638_zpsda035db0.jpg

IMG_6647_zpsbc8c4e2e.jpg

IMG_6653_zpscd4ac1c7.jpg

This accident has had a lasting effect on the community of Peggy's Cove and the Halifax area. I was 17 at the time and my family and I saw the jet going away from the airport and I said to them how strange it was because it looked like it was descending not climbing. Later that evening we found out from a family friend who worked at the airport about the crash. A very tragic event indeed.

Edited by tdogg

Tdogg,

Some really outstanding , SUPERB photography.

THE SCENERY SHOTS ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL. :wub: :wub:

And the memorials are a tragic reminder of that fateful day. :salute:

The last photo of the skies at night , sun setting looks pretty and could easily be anywhere in Africa...

Gorgeous photos sir. :coolio:

308525_10151598865480295_879910103_n.jpg

Just picked this teleconverter up so that I can now shoot at 140-400mm f/5.6 (wide open). Will probably have to stop down to f/8 for sharpness, but from what I could tell of what limited shooting I've done with this teleconverter, it'll act as a good stop-gap measure until I get the 600mm f/4 in May of 2014. And maybe I'll finally nail the ~bleep~ing pied-billed grebe that always likes heckling me from the middle of Green Timbers Lake!!! No, I can't canoe on the lake, nor can I wade in to take pictures so I have to shoot from shore.

Here's what I got with the barebones 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII. :(

06-20-2012_PiedBilledGrebeAdult_rs.jpg

To all you military-types...yeah...sorry...I look like a $%^&ing HIPPY! :P Haircut on Monday.

Edited by The_Animal

Corking shots everyone :clap2:

Beautiful landscapes and great portraiture with some superb macro stuff too. It's all good.

Dylan, the first and third shots in your collection look magnificent. I can smell the cherry blossom and even feel the warmth of the sun. I really like the composition of those two. :thumbsup:

Nice mountain shot Hugo. The snow capped peaks seem to be hovering in mid air. That's an almost surreal effect.

Love that last sunset shot tdogg. :thumbsup2:

Your frog is super sharp The Rat. Fantastic texture and colour on that one.

Nice lighting on the Ramstein image Sebastjian. You did well to get the image as sharp as you did with all of the energy at a gig like that. Good job. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing people. :salute:

Edited by geedubelyer