Other photography besides aviation

Tony those parrot shots are great.

Tdogg great stuff with the crashing waves

this weekend was BEAUTIFUL here in Nanaimo. my girlfriend took me to one of the local swimmin holes. we didnt do much swimmin but I took lots of pictures and climbed down a 200 foot cliff to shoot a really nice man made waterfall.

DSC_0967-XL.jpg

DSC_0991-XL.jpg

DSC_0756-XL.jpg

DSC_0837-X2.jpg

DSC_0936-XL.jpg

there are some nice walking trails as well

DSC_1021-XL.jpg

Thanks Dylan, man I've gotta get myself out to BC, just beautiful!!

Give a shout when you head out this way. Surrey's got a ton of parks to frequent and shoot photography.

are some of those shots HDR, Dylan?

nope, I just adjusted the exposure settings in Lightroom 4 before converting them to JPEG's from the original RAW files.

Lightroom has this magical button labeled "auto" which I use all the time to make up for my lack of talent. usually I have to adjust the shadows and highlights manually, but not too much.

hth

Dylan

I'm heading up to NY this week for a little vacation and the Jones Beach Air Show. Stopped in Washington DC for the night - my favorite town to shoot, especially at night.

Albert Einstein statue outside the National Academy of Sciences.

JM_2013_05_18_WashingtonDC_004-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_18_WashingtonDC_003-XL.jpg

For all the times I've been up on the Lincoln Memorial, for some reason I've never gone around this side of it - Shot of the Day!

JM_2013_05_18_WashingtonDC_005-XL.jpg

Heading up, on I-85 near Raleigh-Durham, I passed the Google Maps Street View car! Unfortunately, it looks as if the cameras on the roof were covered.

JM_2013_05_18_Goolge_Street_View_Car_001-XL.jpg

More superb photos guys :thumbsup:

I confess I come here to relax at times. Dawg, I can almost feel the spray in the air, hear the lapping of the waves and taste the salt on my lips.

Dylan, thy name is tranquility! I can almost fill my lungs with clean, fresh air. Beautiful landscapes as usual.

Tony, your bird shots are as crisp as they come. The colour contrast in that second Emu(?) shot between the greys of the plummage and the amber of the eye is magical. Great eye.

Lovin' the geometry of that building Ish. So sharp and crisp.

So, inspired by previous shots of Dylan's I took these few snaps this morning.

Water droplets in the morning sunshine.

Waterdropletongrassstem_zps485bbeb2.jpg

Waterdropletongrassstem1_zps28d2dc35.jpg

Waterdropletongrassstem2_zpsac19e9e9.jpg

Insect.

Gnatandwaterdroplet_zps0de79f3f.jpg

Ant

Ant_zps5216db02.jpg

Dandelion clock

Dandelionclock_zps64dd3050.jpg

Flower.

Pinkflower_zps6386493d.jpg

Pinkflower2_zps0a5951dc.jpg

Pinkflower1_zps4aed99ed.jpg

Keep 'em coming guys. :clap2:

Edited by geedubelyer

After a late dinner, and time to process the above shots, it was a little after 1am, and I did something I've been wanting to do for a while - head out overnight (when the crowds were gone) to shoot some of the monuments.

3am, hanging with Mr. Lincoln. And yes, even then, I had to wait for people to get out of the shot...

JM_2013_05_19_WashingtonDC_001-XL.jpg

The WWII Memorial

JM_2013_05_19_WashingtonDC_003-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_19_WashingtonDC_004-XL.jpg

The Smithsonian

JM_2013_05_19_WashingtonDC_006-XL.jpg

It was drizzling on and off all night, and then the fog really rolled in.

JM_2013_05_19_WashingtonDC_007-XL.jpg

Finally called it quits around 5:30am, when it was clear we wouldn't get much of a sunrise. Breakfast at Mickey D's and some more processing, and I finally got to bed at 8am, 24 hours after I got up Saturday.

Moose.

I N C R E D I B L E photography ..

I LOVE photosgraphs such as yours ..LINCOLN looks very Majestic and powerful in the light but he looks magnificent even in daytime :salute:

Moose I think you should put ALL your stupendous work in a book.

Thank you for such prestigious photos as yours. :worship: :worship:

The WWII Memorial looks very resplendent in its own way. And yet shows how spectacularly saddening it is also as you look at the colums. :salute:

Tha White House is just SPLENDID ....

Moose I think you are a Master at this..

Thank you ..for going out in the middle of the night to take these phenomenal shots as those shown here....

Much Appreciated..

HOLMES :wub:

Edited by HOLMES

Moose...wow!! every one of those shots is fantastic. as Holmes said you are a true master

Guy. you flatter me with your compliments, the water drops are super. what lens did you use for those?

Moose, that's some of the best photography I've seen of Washington DC ...

I love the shot of the fog around the a Capitol, so serene and majestic ... Unlike what happens inside ...

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Sorry, this isn't photography, but a proud dad here tooting his son's horn. My second son, Cameron, is eight years old turning nine in a month. Through a "challenge" program, he did an art piece. Now most dads tend to think their sons or daughters' art is really something, but as a photographer... well...I'll let you see for yourselves.

"Tiger Eye" (pastel/chalk on canvas). ©2013 Cameron Chikamori Artistic Creations

923122_10151629919995295_1731821738_n.jpg

Yes, it's a proud dad here. Need I remind anyone that he's only turning 9 this June?

Edited by The_Animal