Other photography besides aviation

Thanks, Dylan! Joe, love the waterfall photos!

At the Botany Bay Plantation Preserve on the SC coast. This stinkin' bird stood there in the water, not moving for over 15 minutes while I watched and shot him. When I finally gave up and got in the car, he flapped his wings and flew off. The little so-and-so stood there and watched me, waiting for me to put the camera down before he flew away...

JM_2013_10_24_Botany_Bay_010-XL.jpg

From the "Boneyard", an area of dead trees on the beach at Botany Bay.

JM_2013_10_24_Botany_Bay_007-BW-XL.jpg

Well guys, I'm into it again.

Beauty on the Nature. Show must go on.

Now an Autumn mood.

51947-7e480-73069808--u1e1b7.jpg

51947-138ba-73069807--u20689.jpg

51947-79d93-73069806--uc09d1.jpg

The images have been captured last Saturday at the place not so far from Vladivostok.

Cheers and happy photographing!

Alexander

Some shots from the Abu Dhabi F1 GP here this past weekend. Still working with an entry level 300mm zoom, but will be upgrading soon, and still not sure why on my Photobucket page, the photos are so much sharper than when I post them...

Mark Webber crossing into the back straight DRS zone:

IMG_2665_zps49a36d5e.jpg

His teammate Vettel, seemingly out on a Sunday drive, no worries in the world...

IMG_2254_zps38d92a33.jpg

My favorite driver, Lewis Hamilton:

IMG_2328_zpsb2ffc886.jpg

Saw this red Ferrari drive by...

IMG_2204_zpsc8b00cf8.jpg

Force India...

IMG_2544_zpsdc78ffa9.jpg

Lotus

IMG_2563_zps70f3458e.jpg

Caterham, with Airbus as a sponsor no less...

IMG_2615_zps4bdfcea3.jpg

Vodafone McClaren. If the Silver Surfer became a race car driver...

IMG_2613_zps81691ec5.jpg

Marussia Racing. So much for communism, eh?

IMG_2568_zpsdbe7e80c.jpg

Some shots from the Abu Dhabi F1 GP here this past weekend. Still working with an entry level 300mm zoom, but will be upgrading soon, and still not sure why on my Photobucket page, the photos are so much sharper than when I post them...

I've noticed that with Photobucket as well. My Flickr account seems to do a better job of preserving sharpness.

Nice shots!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great shots, Joe. Even though I'm a rotorhead, I've been a rail fan and an HO modeler since I was a kid. I remember seeing Chessie System locomotives going through D.C..

What site are you using to host your forum photos?

Still wish I knew what it takes to get that type of clarity in my photos that I post...

It was National Day here in the UAE (think Canada Day/ 4th of July), so I went out to takes photos of the fireworks. Well, the only way to get better is to learn from your mistakes, and I made a few critical errors, but this was my first time..

This was the best one out of about 45. I'll try again next year...

c1mf.jpg

Yas Viceroy hotel all lit up:

vi0r.jpg

Edited by Ishthe47guy

Just out and about during the long weekend over here, had my camera, and spotted these guys cleaning the windows...

The building is the Al Dar World Headquarters. It struck a chord with me, having been raised in NYC, and also, in a country rich with oil, the is always someone that has to do the scut work...

kx7v.jpg

bseu.jpg

wpfl.jpg

Great shots, Joe. Even though I'm a rotorhead, I've been a rail fan and an HO modeler since I was a kid. I remember seeing Chessie System locomotives going through D.C..

What site are you using to host your forum photos?

Still wish I knew what it takes to get that type of clarity in my photos that I post...

Thanks Chris!

I use Flickr. I've noticed the same issue you've mentioned with Photbucket, as that's where I used to host most of my model build photos. Flickr allows massive amounts of free storage, check it out.

Edited by volzj

Joe, I have tried Flickr, this week as a matter of fact, and haven't been able to post actual images on forums, only links to the photos. I did some reading around, and from what I can gather, unless you had a Flickr Pro account, you can't post images, and Flickr doesn't offer its pro account any longer.

Dylan, I have two paid accounts, one with Photobucket (for 10 years now), and one I just started on ImageShack. I even posted test shots of the same photos, one from each site, to see if there is a difference. None could be seen by me, so I'm going to dive into learning Aperture since I'm a Mac user, and see if that will help.

I wish I had read that article on photographing fireworks beforehand. The article pointed out pretty much everything I figured I was doing wrong once i analyzed the photos I took.

Lots of great photos here, a few months ago here in Coffs Harbour, Australia they held open ocean speedboat races for a weekend. Myself and my partner went down to watch and I took these pics.<a  href=http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab360/mikestomcat/Speedboats/182.jpg' alt='182.jpg'> 211.jpg 20172.jpg 23642.jpg[/img]

Edited by mikestomcat