Other photography besides aviation

From Wakko's to Jack Swiss's et al ...the thread gets better each timne I come back and see MORE AMAZING SHOTS

Tony H , I like yours too.... :D :)

As I said before ALL ARE STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL....

Thanks dude...

yes people here is showing impressive pics!!!

they are real pros!!!

Great shots Jack!!!! Well done :thumbsup: Keep'm comin.

Tony

Thanks Tony!!!

Well,those were the very first "serious" pics made with the new lens so I think I can improve a bit more the quality in the future!

I'll post more for sure when I'll have them!

I'm thinkin of showin you guys where I live!

Cheers mate

Thanks Jack. :cheers:

I'm using a Canon 40D, and on these shots I was just using the stock standard 18-55mm lens that came with my 400D.I have an "L series 100-400mm" Lens for Aviation and other Photography, and I want to try and get a good quality Lens for more General Photography as well, for shots such as these, but I just haven't got around to it yet.On these ones, I used the Tripod to keep it steady for the long exposure's using the Remote Shutter Cable, they are really fun to do and see what kind of effects you can get, and it it a great way to take pics at night.

I have some more on another Memory Card that my friend has at the moment, putting them onto disc for me, I'll post a couple more when I get it back off of her.

Your shots with your new Lens look great Jack, and it looks like a very nice town you live in.You'll have a great time with it, this hobby is excellent, your learning all the time, well I know I am, I think! :D

Cheers,

Jeff.

Thanks dude...

Well yes, I must admit it's a very nice place here...calm and quite...very much nature (and these 5 days non-stop raining are helping alot making the wild life even more luxuriant!!!!) but also you can get to big big cities like Milan in 45 mins and Zurich (a bit smaller) in 2 hours...so very versatile place if we can call it like that!

I think that my next pics that I'll post will be some of my town...these were a bit outside.

There are two mountains that sorround our town and you can go up there with the funicolar railways or by walk.

I'm gonna make a walk to one of those where you see all the town and the gulf with the lake and post you guys some pics....aaaaand a supa-dupa zoomed one with my house looked from the mountain LOL LOL!!!!

hopefully I'll do it...if it stops raining!!!!!!

Cheers mates

Edited by Jack-Swiss

Nothing too fancy I guess, but here are 5 of the pics I took two weeks ago after a whole night of partying - I probably wouldn't wake up that early for sunrise shots, but after some rain all the mists appeared and the first sunrays lit the castle - and clouds surrounding the tops of the nearby Alpine moutains... just beautiful...

bled1.jpg

bled2.jpg

bled3.jpg

bled4.jpg

bled5.jpg

Definitely not a pro, just an enthusiastic amateur like a lot of others here. Still learning (and I have a lot to learn) but I must be doing something right though, my friends keep handing me their camera's and asking me to shoot for them! Does this happen to anybody else?

Aside from aircraft I just tend to take pictures of things that catch my eye, like most others I think. I also conciously try to frame and take picures that will be interesting rather than just happy snaps. Currently operating a Sony A100 with 35-80 and 75-300mm Minolta lenses, with a tripod and remote release.

There is some great stuff already on this thread, here is my portfolio (if you can call it that) to add to the mix....

Started playing around with night photography about a year ago. This is right near the threshold of Wellington International (New Zealand), with a couple of B737s on approach, and vortices from one that has just landed leaving tracks on the water:

DSC04293.jpg

Sunset over Wellington Harbour

dec07184.jpg

Family portrait of a kind while wife and baby stopped for a feed during a street market last summer (I'm reflected in the window).

DSC07980.jpg

Ride at the market

DSC07976.jpg

Bucket Fountain (and local icon!) in Wellington

DSC07996.jpg

Guy Fawkes (Nov 5th) fireworks over the harbour

DSC05505.jpg

Circus performer

Mar08044.jpg

Impatient dog

DSC04977.jpg

Totally lucky shot, pressed the shutter just as this Kea took flight in the snow.

F1030002-1.jpg

And my daughter who is a whole subject realm of her own....

DSC09340.jpg

Edited by Mumbles

Wooooooow dude....those are awesome pics!!!

congrats...now I know why your friends ask you to shot their pics to you!

Dude just one question...

what were the setting on the pics of the fireworks?

We have great fireworks here as well and would love to take such good pics!

Can you tell me your setting please?

Cheers mate

:salute:

Dude just one question...

what were the setting on the pics of the fireworks?

Cheers mate

:salute:

Thank you!

This shot is an 8 second exposure at F6.3 with the sensor set to ISO100.

It was only the second fireworks display I have shot so far, so still experimenting with the settings. The camera was tripod mounted with the 35-80mm lens and operated with a remote release to prevent camera shake. I varied the exposure times from 1.5 to 10 seconds from memory, and got good, interesting and bad results. Obviously the longer the exposure the more streaky and more abstract the image!

Edited by Mumbles
Thanks dude...

ISO 100?!?!?

mmhh that sounds strange to me...is it because you got the flash from the fireworks or because of the long exposure??!?

The exposure time and aperture setting combined allow the ISO to stay low. I try to keep the ISO down to 100 or 200 at night, once you get to 400 or more things get grainy. Having a tripod to keep things nice and still helps.

boy was it tough to narrow down some 37,000+ pictures, all of which are with digital point and shoot, to even put some into a photobucket album ( http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/a...an/photography/ ). go check out the album, there are more landscapes in the album.

Emergence, to be published in the 2010 American Institute of Architects calendar

Emergence.jpg

lizard.jpg

bobbyknight.jpg

pano10.jpg

the night 'The Streak' ended

IMG_8503.jpg

slick willy

IMG_8486a.jpg

little fuzzy, but the guy smack in the middle is gorbachev

Picture109.jpg

Edited by archybean

Holy smokes,.......there are some beautiful, imaginative and creative photos here guys :lol:

Archybean, I love the shot of the coach hollering at the official :D You captured the moment perfectly even down to the tight-lipped expression on the officials face........marvellous!

:cheers:

Holy smokes,.......there are some beautiful, imaginative and creative photos here guys ;)

Archybean, I love the shot of the coach hollering at the official :D You captured the moment perfectly even down to the tight-lipped expression on the officials face........marvellous!

:D

thank you! its probably one of my favorite pictures ive taken so far....doesnt get much better than bobby knight yelling at an official walking away from him.

Here is some of my recent stuff. I've been using my dad's old Olympus OM-10 and Canon Rebel XS. Both are obviously film cameras. I will probably graduate to a digital SLR somtime in the near future.

My Fender Toronado with the Fender Frontman 15G amp.

Stevespics034.jpg

A double exposure of me in the backyard.

Stevespics015.jpg

The sun behind the clouds created this cool effect.

Stevespics036.jpg

The fence. Workin' with the 1.8 aperture on the Zuiko 50mm

Stevespics019.jpg

A mistake with advancing the film. A neat effect there.

Stevespics011.jpg

The fence pole.

Stevespics008.jpg

A four time exposure of the moon. I waited and waited to get this shot.

Stevespics010.jpg

The cat "pumpkin" in the window

Stevespics007.jpg

The 15G.

Stevespics004.jpg

Steve

Edited by S.C.Williams
I've been using my dad's old Olympus OM-10...

Still got two of those along with my OM-1s And OM-2s. Olympus made great film cameras, haven't been following their digital stuff but I imagine they're good.