Other photography besides aviation

Here's some I've taken on my vacations the last couple years. All shot with a Canon Powershot A80; I've wanted to buy myself a DSLR for quite a while now, but just can't justify the extra space it would take up in my bike's luggage...

July 2008, Mt. Washington NH:

07042008063.jpg

May 2009, USS North Carolina (BB-55), Wilmington NC. Got there right at opening on a Sunday morning and had the entire ship to myself :thumbsup:

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

September 2009, east of Marquette MI. Finishing up my Lake Superior circle tour and decided to stop for a few photos while riding into the rising sun:

IMG_2362.jpg

^ WORD! :lol:

Just returned from visiting my parents in Tbilisi, Georgia a couple of days ago. An amazingly beautiful country. Pics were taken with my trusty Sam-sung (word filter!) point'n'shoot, quite often from the running car.

Around Tbilisi, towards the Armenian border in the south.

SD532158.jpg

SD532148.jpg

SD532141.jpg

SD532365.jpg

Returning from Lagodekhi District, to the north-east of Tbilisi.

SD532529.jpg

SD532563.jpg

In the Greater Caucasus, with peaks as high as 5,000 metres, on the border with Russia.

SD532754.jpg

SD532835.jpg

SD532858.jpg

SD532864.jpg

As can be seen, I have a thing for contre-jour photographs. :rolleyes: "Contre-jour photograph" - interesting word.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

code20 ...

Those are SOME really HEART STOPPING makes -you think Kinds of photos ...thnak you..they are worth lookin at and

thinking about how these Guys do their hard job....Slaute them :)

Clogy,.

Where does the CATHERDRAL EXPRESS 73096 reside...Is it one of the Railway Museum trains out for a run or

is this a working train.... Love steam trains..thank you for that very LOVELY shot of the whole picture.. :whistle:

HOLMES :blink:

Edited by HOLMES

Some great photos been posted here latetly guy's! :thumbsup:........good variety of subjects thats for sure.

Bill M.

Bill, those pics are just beautiful, great work! :P

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

Wow......this thread is stunning. You guys are a talented bunch. There are so many glorious and powerful images lately.

Those landscapes are awesome Bill and Moritz, the photos of the firefighters show the emotion and mood beautifully and what's not to love about a steam loco in action? Great stuff all round folks. :huh:

Now, permit me to lower the standard a bit and post a couple of holiday snaps....... :P

Sherwood Forest Center Parcs in the autumn.......

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0916.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0923.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0930.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0934a.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0925.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0915.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0964.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0965.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0973a.jpg

tn_CentreParcsweekendAutumn0942.jpg

Cheers.

:cheers:

Where does the CATHERDRAL EXPRESS 73096 reside...Is it one of the Railway Museum trains out for a run or

is this a working train...

As far as I know, 73096 lives at the Mid-Hants Railway (Watercress Line), near Alton in Hampshire (UK). The Cathedrals Express is the name of an excursion rather than a loco, so any variety of locos can take on the role, both steam and diesel. This particular photo was taken as the train approached Westbury station in Wiltshire.

As far as I know, 73096 lives at the Mid-Hants Railway (Watercress Line), near Alton in Hampshire (UK). The Cathedrals Express is the name of an excursion rather than a loco, so any variety of locos can take on the role, both steam and diesel. This particular photo was taken as the train approached Westbury station in Wiltshire.

Cloggy,

thank you for your reply.... The steam trains always, ALWAYS, remind ME of MY travels in INDIA as there are quite a lot of steam trains still running the length and breadth

of the country and well I just had to didn't I..so here it is....

Just LOVE the roar and the trundling of the lines.....

Nice video, Holmes ... :rolleyes:

Where I grew up in Buena Park, CA Knott's Berry Farm has a full sized late 1800s Steam train running through their park ...

I rode it many, many times ...

Gregg

• 2 weeks later...

Great shots on this page =) !

Some I took in the last weeks:

img8603.jpg

Structure fire (former/old farm)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/medevac71/3976122719

img8594.jpg

Structure fire (former/old farm)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/medevac71/3976122493

img9555.jpg

Early in the morning

http://www.flickr.com/photos/medevac71/4011148376

img9624.jpg

Colors of fall

http://www.flickr.com/photos/medevac71/set...3117621/detail/

img9666c.jpg

So colorful =)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/medevac71/4011200899

See you

Nothing professional, just what I've pointed my camera at - usually on vacation.

Urquhart Castle, Loch Ness

ExteriorGreatTowerUrquhartCastle.jpg

UrquhartandtheLoch.jpg

Dunnottar Castle, Scotland

DunnottarCliffside.jpg

Inverugie Castle, Scotland

FlowersandRuinsInverugieCastle.jpg

Cancun, from the balcony of our hotel room

dcp_3529.jpg

Blue Hill, Maine

DCP_1505.jpg

dcp_4161.jpg

dcp_4128.jpg

i guess you can say this is aviation related? but i always really like a nice sky

img9954.jpg

img9956.jpg

Medevac, et al and gO_commandO..

Medevac, as before you know how I feel about your photo shoots and they are AWESOME....

gO These are really atmospheric photos and very scenic, thank you..

HOLMES....

Edited by HOLMES