a few days late, to take photos of my 2007 output

From january till now i've been photo logging the kits i have finished each month, a habit that i started last year.i was freshly discharge from armed forces and awaiting my university studies in july, and hence had a lot of time to build plastic. needless to say, i wasnt working too. SO everyday was a plastic day, of thinner highs and cement fumes.

Enjoy the poor pics, i ain't a good photo shooter. but comments and critiques welcome!

january (14+1 refurbish)

1/72 VVS models Su-2 (this is avery rare limited run kit)

su2.jpg

same as above

su4.jpg

kopro 1/72 su-7

su7.jpg

kitech 1/48 Junkers 88

03.jpg

SMER 1/48 SM79 sparviero

01.jpg

kangnam 1/72 mig 31

mig31.jpg

italeri 1/48 eurofighter

eurof1.jpg

italeri 1/48 f-18 e

18e4.jpg

esco 1/48 f-18a

18c.jpg

and part 2 of january

italeri 1/48 f117

st1.jpg

academy 1/72 ah-64

apache2.jpg

academy 1/72 OV-10

ov10.jpg

hasegawa 1/72 F-4E turkey airforce

f4turk.jpg

asegawa 1/72 f-4e korean airforce

f4korea.jpg

hasegawa 1/72 f-4e iranian airforce

f4iriaf.jpg

and then february .

revell 1/48 p-61 black widow

wid7.jpg

monogram 1/48 devastator

dev.jpg

minihobby 1/48 taiwanese fighter

ck.jpg

matchbox 1/72 f-16 indonesia special

indo16.jpg

feb output continued

tamiya 1/100 lightning

lightning.jpg

pioneer models 1/72 Su-15

su21.jpg

3 academy and 1 hasegawa 1/72 f-15 eagles

01.jpg

02.jpg

Marching onwards in March.

heller 1/72 mirage IV

Mirage4.jpg

Crown models 1/144 He-111

he111.jpg

1/144 P-38

p38.jpg

Big models 1/200 XB-70 Valkyrie

XB70.jpg

tamiya 1/100 F-4E

100F-4.jpg

and some science fiction as well

Bandai 1/100 MG HI-Nu gundam

mghn.jpg

and then in April i built 4,

tamiya 1/72 F-4E Greek airforce

f4greek.jpg

Airfix! 1/72 mirage III

P4300002.jpg

hobbycraft 1/72 Bell X-1

P5010001.jpg

Academy 1/48 P-47N

01.jpg

May was spent with the heavies..

Eastern express 1/72 B-26

01-2.jpg

02-2.jpg

eastern express 1/72 B-25

01-1.jpg

04.jpg

doyusha 1/300 B-2 spirit

03.jpg

02.jpg

and the 1st part of my Tomcat GB, finished in june after on and off working at them since my military days

all are 1/72

hasegawa VF-1, kit decals

01.jpg

academy VF-2, hase decals

01-1.jpg

academy VF-14, hase decals

01-2.jpg

academy Vf-21, fujimi decals

01-3.jpg

kitech vf-24, own decals

01-4.jpg

academy vf-32, hase decals

01-5.jpg

kitech vf-33, hase decals

01-6.jpg

hobbycraft vf-41, kit decals

01-7.jpg

kitech vf-51, academy decals

01-8.jpg

kitech vf-74, italeri decals

01-9.jpg

hasegawa VF-84, kit decals

01-10.jpg

hobby craft vf-102, kit decals

01-12.jpg

italeri vf-103, hobbycraft decals

01-13.jpg

academy vf-111, hase decals

01-14.jpg

italeri vf-142, kit decals

01-15.jpg

kitech vf-143, twobobs decals

01-16.jpg

academy vf-154, fujimi decals

01-17.jpg

kitech vf-211, own decals

01-18.jpg

and i august i took a breather while i was in school. but the factory restarted in late august. The kits you see below were all assembled and sprayed in october to december, having spent august and september in the assembly plant.

Revell 1/72 Saudi Arabian Tornado

rsafdone.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Italian Tornado

italtorndone.jpg

Airfix 1/72 British tornado

torngr1done.jpg

Tamiya 1/100 lightning

lightdone.jpg

Fujimi 1/72 F-4K phantom 'yellow bird' - This one is for the Fleet air arm groupbuild. it's done!

f4kdone.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Red Arrows Gnat

redgnats.jpg

A field of Flankers, for the Wings of the Red Star group build, done too.

Tamiya 1/72 Su-27

su27done.jpg

Zvezda 1/72 Su-30

su30done1.jpg

Kangnam 1/72 Su-35 Conversion

su35done.jpg

Zvezda 1/72 Su-37

su37done.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 F-15SG

f15sgdone.jpg

Revell 1/72 F-16A for the Viper2.0 Groupbuild as well as the Tigermeet GB is done!

f16done.jpg

Italeri 1/48 F-18F with TwoBobs decals

diamondbacks.jpg

Fujimi 1/72 A-7 Corsair

a7done.jpg

Academy 1/72 F-8 Crusader

f8done.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 EA-6B Prowler

ea6bdone.jpg

Emhar 1/72 F-3 Demon

demondone.jpg

1/48 Monogram OS2U kingfisher + 1/48 Academy F4U Corsair

help.jpg

Edited by Tomcat RIO

and of course, to end it off. my every airforce 1/72 F-18 GB.

a Hive of Hornets!

Tamiya Malaysian airforce with Scalenut decals, and Canadian example with italeri decals.

18combo1.jpg

a pair of Kitech with italeri decals dor the spanish example and own spares for the Finnish.

18cobo2.jpg

a restoring of my 10 year old fujimi VFA-81 sunliners kit

8118.jpg

the new fujimi VFA-113 kit which i bought and finished to commemorate the one i build 10 years ago (above)

11318.jpg

revell's hornet in australian markings, from the italeri decals

aust18.jpg

a kangnam version for Kuwait, which is still waiting for the squadron decals

kw18.jpg

hasegawa old mould, in swiss markings from tamiya's decals

sws18.jpg

and of course, Chippy Ho!, revell's decals on the new mould hasegawa kit.

chdone1.jpg

chdone2.jpg

Edited by Tomcat RIO

There we go. 100 for 2007. it was an improvement over 2006, where i managed to churn out 60 kits whilst off duty. Looking at my current stash, i have about 40 odd kits left, most of them 1/48 world war 2 props, miscellanous 1/72 jet planes, and lots of superhornets and more tomcats that haven't been finished. And of course, underneath all that pile are the ones that i probably not going to build for some time, like the airfix 1/24 hurricane, bf109 and bandai Zero, as well as the huge 1/72 tu-95.

if i have the time from my busy school schedule i would be most happy to start taking more close-up photos of each aircraft and create/ write gallery articles for the daily updates here on ARC. let's just say that Mr Steve will have enough articles a day for the daily updates for a year. hoora!

Edited by Tomcat RIO

wait wait wait... so you have built more kits in the last year than you have unbuilt in your stash?

:cheers:

holy crud... there has got to be a rip in the space/time continuum near you!

Amazing. I could throw out excuses like moving and busy with dog stuff... but it still comes down to my finishing maybe 5 kits in aught-7.

Hats off to you, sir! :thumbsup:

OK you ARE without a doubt the mosr prolific builder I have ver heard, seen and probably will EVER see. And good quality sh*t too!

Words fail me.

How the %%%% do you do it man?

My stash of 100 will take me 30 yrs at my rate!

You're one very scary person dude.

Anyone who can churn out as good looking a 'Cat from the Kitech kit is awesome. Given the level of detail in that kit I mean....

Seriously though...the amount of thinner you breathed in whilst doing those can't be THAT good. :bandhead2:

I've had a few highs meself. And a good irritation on my hands when I spilled Micro Sol on them.

Hi folks thanks for the good words. Well i might like to answer the question of how i build them so fast.

Every month i do a stock check of my stash, and list out kits that have essentially similiar colour schemes, or a theme running through them, such as era, air force. Then on paper, i plan out and group these together, and at the same time make mental notes of colour similarities and possible modifications.

Once done i start off these mini groupbuilds, usually with around 3-6 aircraft that have a core theme, such a my every airforce Tornado and Legacy Hornet GBs. Since they are all in the same scale, it also allows interchanging of kit weapons, parts, even decals and stencils at later stages. Hence parts damaged are easily replaced with spares from other kits.

PA290190.jpg

P9020190.jpg

also, building in small groups makes economical sense. much like how buying en bulk saves some money over the long run. My flankers was cored around this concept, primarily because of their bare metal exhaust areas. Spraying them together saves precious ALclad and Model Master metallics that are lost if i had poured them around by doing each kit induividually.

allsus.jpg

an example of colour theme would be my miscellanous 1/72 US navy groupbuild All of them are in the Hi-Vis Gull grey and white of the 60s and 70s. Hence, rather than tear my hair out with white paints one by one, i did them all together. and while 1 white was drying, i was masking the grey for another. no waiting.

all4.jpg

perhaps the best case of mass production technique would be my Tomcat GB. All of them need the patchy dirty weather look that demands random spots of grey. Thus, in order to be random enough, i did up 20 of the 1/72s, and sent in the randomness.

14st1.jpg

Everything was in huge quantitites. ejetion seats, canopies..

canopy.jpg

seats.jpg

P4270001.jpg

and of course, there was a weapons week, where i did nothing but weapons.

P5290043.jpg

i don't have any shots of the world war 2 props, but they were in principal done the same way, because they all shared the same interior green with minor shading differences.

I think it is more important though, not to sacrifice quality for quantity. I sort of had a compromise here and there, and some mistakes you can't see, but i know it's there. Here's for a slower 2008, with higher quality!

- Kevin "Tomcat RIO"

Wow, amazing! :cheers:

Btw, can you recall your experience on the Kitech Ju-88? Was it a painful build? Thinking of getting the kit...

Ben

my guess is that the kitech is a reissue of the old hobbycraft version. the kit is extremely simple, the canopies are very thick, cockpit is severely lacking. ad the only major fault is the seam line that runs along the fuselage spine after the 2 halfs come together. nothing that putty and elbow grease can't solve though, but certainly it cannot compare to Dragon's better offering.