Larger Scale Fine Mold Star Wars Kits?

I'm thinking about buying the Falcon, X-Wing, Y-Wing, and Tie-Fighter from FM in 1/72 scale. But to be honest, I would prefer to get a bigger kit 1/48 or 1/32 even better. I almost exclusively do 1/32 aircraft now (mostly Tamiya, Trumpeter, and Academy). So the sheer size of the Y-Wing in this scale would be awesome! I really wanted to buy the Master Replica Y-Wing but just couldn't justify the ~$700. In short, is FM releasing large scale Star War models particularly the Y-Wing? If they are releasing large scale models, what will be the scale?

Thanks,

David

They just released the X-wing in 1/48 scale.

http://www.hlj.com/product/fnmsw-09

Got mine yesterday and it does look pretty nice, but it still seems a little smallish even in 1/48. Wouldn't be surprised to see them put out the TIE in 1/48 also, Maybe even the Y-Wing, but no announcements yet.

I can't see them doing a bigger Falcon. It's pretty big in 1/72 scale already.

Actually the studio scale Y wing is significantly bigger than the Fine Molds version. The original models used were approximately 1/24 scale and about 24" long. The Fine Molds kit is 1/72 and about 11" long.

Cheers, Chris

• 4 weeks later...
Got mine yesterday and it does look pretty nice, but it still seems a little smallish even in 1/48.

I remember reading that the "official" length of the X-Wing was 12.5m or 41 feet (!) which is teeny tiny compared to modern fighters (Tomcat at 62+ feet, or the Hornet at 56 feet). Seems that Lucas, in creating the illusion of 2nd World War aerial dogfights, created fighters of the same size! LOL

I remember reading that the "official" length of the X-Wing was 12.5m or 41 feet (!) which is teeny tiny compared to modern fighters (Tomcat at 62+ feet, or the Hornet at 56 feet). Seems that Lucas, in creating the illusion of 2nd World War aerial dogfights, created fighters of the same size! LOL

Correct about Lucas!