Here is the Mercury capsule I'm building. It's ready for primer. Got the windows changed to the configuration of Shepard's flight.

100_1604.jpg

100_1603.jpg

Hope to get a chance to put some paint on it tomorrow.

Ed

I keep seeing this kit.....what are your thoughts about the quality? It's the only game in town....but I'm still on the fence about buying it.

Overall, it's an excellent kit. Mostly good fit and well engineered. The only place I've needed filler was on the escape tower where the various tubes fit together. A few features are a bit toy like. The cover at the top of the capsule is designed to open and close, the escape tower, the upper part of the capsule and the retro pack are designed to be removable. But I'm just gluing them all together. It's fairly accurate to make the later configuration capsule, but it required some major surgery to backdate it to Shepard's mission. And a few parts like the instrument panel are generic since there were minor changes for each mission. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Ed