B-1B parking only

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd have told the BUFF and BONE guys 20 years ago that one day their jets would be equipped to do stand-alone precision weapon employment, "one pass, one bomb, one kill", they'd have prolly laughed in your face and told ya to adjust the dosage of your meds. :wub:

Edited by SimFixer
If you'd have told the BUFF and BONE guys 20 years ago that one day their jets would be equipped to do stand-alone precision weapon employment, "one pass, one bomb, one kill", they'd have prolly laughed in your face and told ya to adjust the dosage of your meds. :rolleyes:
Absolutely. The B-1 is an incredibly capable platform these days with Sniper and precision weapons. They are nearly finished with flight tests of the GBU-54 on the jet, so it will be even more capable in a few months.
The last one is the elusive OT CODED BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elusive??? They have two at Dyess where the 337 TES has a detachment.

Absolutely. The B-1 is an incredibly capable platform these days with Sniper and precision weapons. They are nearly finished with flight tests of the GBU-54 on the jet, so it will be even more capable in a few months.

Elusive??? They have two at Dyess where the 337 TES has a detachment.

HAHA yeah and guess what? THERE are NEVER any pics of them!!! Theres also a WA coded bone......

THERE are NEVER any pics of them!!! Theres also a WA coded bone......

I guess I wouldn't say "never." As of right now, there is no Weapons School jet. It is at depot. They just traded with Ellsworth to get tail number 077, and it is in the process of becoming the 77th Weapons Squadron flagship.

337TES_JMelampy.jpg

86-0110_9BS_JMelampy.jpg

Nice collection Jake. The OT jets are great catch.

120 must be a recent swap. I swear I've got recent Air-to-Air pics of it, but with operational markings.

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff! You know, I wondered about that. If you look at the OT tailcode, it looks like there's a fresh coat of paint there, maybe covering up an old tailcode? I'll ask them when I go back next month.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
You may have noted that the main gear tires and wheels were missing from the display. The PA (Public Affairs) for Ellsworth told me that the tires were needed for an operational B-1 so the maintainers took them.

Someone needs to Photoshop that up on blocks in front of a mobile home with it's engine sitting in the weeds next to it.

Dissapointed by its ability to support the Libya no fly zone with words and not weapons, New Zealand is looking for a longe range strike bomber. This will also be used to protect its soon to be found oil reserves.

That photo is a promotional photo in an attempt to sway NZ politicians towards 2nd hand B-1b's

• 1 year later...