Hoi,

Here's what i started with:

IMG_3910.jpg

Here's where it was around Christmas:

IMG_5532.jpg

It is my first time using PE. The Small Shop Hold n' Fold sure helped out. Those PE belts are a pain, but they look alright.

Currently i am puttying the fusilage seems.

How long do we have on this GB? I build slow, so i hope i can make it.

later

Ruud

Welcome aboard Ruud, look forward to watching this one take shape.

The official end date is April 2nd but this allows us the possibility of some extension for almost completed builds to be finished :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hoi,

While i am completing this kit, i was wondering if anyone has some tips as to how to make a 1/72 RN armoured deck? From the pictures i have seen, they look pretty bare. Just painted metal with few lines. Am i correct on this? Also what color might the deck of the HMS Victorious be circa January 1945.

TIA,

Ruud

Edited by Ruud

Hoi,

Here's two shots of where it is at today:

AvengerII-overal.jpg

AvengerII-cockpit.jpg

With a new addition due early April, i am movitated to finish this one prior to that. This is as fast as i have worked in years. Feels good.

Notes on the build: Typical Hasegawa. Great outside, spartan inside. I have not encountered anything too challenging yet (and i always find the tough spots, i'm just that type of builder).

later

Ruud

Edited by Ruud

Hoi,

I've got the clear parts on and masked. Shot some interior green tonight. Tough mask to do. The Eduard mask does not line up everywhere (especially on the turret). But it will have to do. Perfection is the next kit i am planning to build. So some more interior green tomorrow and then on to the real camo!

later

Ruud

Hoi,

The kit does come with the second seat. But that is the only thing they provide for the observer. I took some of the PE meant for the 2nd cockpit of the TBM and from down below the turret and used that to liven it up a little. I added the radar by cutting a 1/35 binocular in half.

I went with the blue belt because that is the only non Y belts included in the Eduard RAF/FAA seat belt PE sheet that has 2 sets. Not sure if this is 100% correct or not, but i want to get this 1/72 kit down to show to my in-laws (as their oldest brother was shot down and captured while flying in this aircraft during Meridian II. He was later executed by the Japanese a few days after the armistice had been signed).

Still not sure how to properly do an armored deck... Just a sheet of plastic with maybe a painted line for interest?

later

Ruud

• 3 weeks later...

Hoi,

I finished painting on Tuesday. But upon removing the mask a lot of the paint came right off of the left wing. So i shot a base color again last night and hopefully by the end of this weekend the scheme will be complete. Slight set back, but i keep learning from my mistakes.

later

Ruud