Here's my entry for this group-built.

My basic rule for this one is to avoid aftermarket stuff as much as possible.

The content :

P6210012.jpg

As it was started earlier, a summary in pictures.

Reworking the cockpit:

P6230017.jpg

P6230022.jpg

A simple rasor blade can work wonders, to remove cleanly details ( much to flat for my taste, with a little bit of plastic card in between, it will be perfect:

CopiedeP6230024.jpg

CopiedeP6230025.jpg

Ruder pedals details drilled out and carved ( very brittle, one was broken in halves later :crying2: ):

P6240055.jpg

Joystick and new trigger details:

P6240084.jpg

CopiedeP6240038.jpg

CopiedeP6240048.jpg

As you see, no need of resin superdetails to make it look nice ( but lazy enough to make good use of them, for my next 109 projects :D ).

The dashboard is reworked, as it is wrong for a G6 model ( don't understand how they did that mess, as the other one supplied, for the earlier "F" series, is just fine ! ), so, the "F" was used and the little instument panel changed with the one of a Fujimi's kit ( wider, I did cut and enlarged it a little ) :

P7070033.jpg

Part two tomorrow... ( if the pics are too large, let me know, i can try to reduce them ).

Thanks.

So, with that change on the instrument panel, how will it fit inside...surprisingly just fine

P7070032.jpg

CopiedeP7090214.jpg

CopiedeP7090201.jpg

Now, some paintjob...

P6280261.jpg

P6300309.jpg

A little "metal scratching"

PB180174.jpg

After washes etc....and full colors

PC020022.jpg

CopiedePC020049.jpg

CopiedePC020028.jpg

Handles / levers are yet to be finished and I still wonder if it's better to had the seat harness now or at a later stage...

The front cowling air scoops are removed with the "magic" rasor blade again ( missplaced by Hasegawa...), even the thin surrounding lips came of cleanly !

A good occasion to hollow them, it looks so much better

CopiedeP6290271.jpg

Stunning work Griffin....truly stunning. In particular I like how you've kept from using as much aftermarket stuff as possible (stated at the beginning of this build) as I truly believe scratch-building/modifications like you've done here is far more impressive anyway! Wow......those sidewalls and instrument panel really pop with realism. Fantastic looking stuff here so far and looking forward to more.

Greg

Thanks.

It looks almost easy eh, but for a nice paint job, lots of trouble ( not very comfortable yet with it and stupid mistakes always happens when you don't need them ); dash board was repainted 3 times, for exemple... :cheers:

Back to pics.

The small scoops befor and after ( if you want to try yourself, it's easier to do than it may appears ):

CopiedeP6290272.jpg

About wings, after gluing the top "bumps", it was logical to see a corresponding recess in the wheel bays, nothing..... you need to do it yourself or live with it; I choose the first option.

And no belly tank and rack on the pictures found of this plane, so, the "Venetian blind" style vent was rebuilt opened ( strangely made closed on the model, but I could find nothing reliable to prove it was mechanically adjustable or fixed apparatus... )

PB210193a.jpg

All movable controls are cut-off, a model always looks better with them in slight offset

PC180130.jpg

The compressor scoop was a tricky part to make looks right, as it is cut in halves and has no ducting at all inside.... here's my attempt

PC180142.jpg

PC210150.jpg

The fuselage and those in/famous cowling bulges are in place ( hope I made the right choice...)

PC180134.jpg

About stupid mistakes, the smal tail antenna mast did not survive long my eavy handling...a little bit of photoetched "sprue" save me ( and now the wire can go through a real tiny hole...)

PC210154.jpg

That IS some truly fantastic work Griffin. In particular, I like the re-built vent on the belly....truly life-like and quite stunning. As for the "infamous" bulges they look great just the way they are here. Nice work!! :D

Greg

Yesterday's job was just ... crap.

I did give a try with those pre-painted seat harness, but it's impossible to keep them without scratches for long, if you try some realistic bending....lots of touch-up with paint in result. :wave:

The best is the destruction of the paint-job of the back seat itself, after an attempt to glue this harness with clear varnish ( Pebeo brand ), it dryed gloss ( should be flat matt ), reacted with the Gunze paint underneath, even touch-ups resulted in a total mess.

The "Murphy's rule" day I believe....so, back to the beginning .... :D

Edited by Griffin

Damage almost repaired.

It was the occasion to try something new for metal scratches: instead of the usual enamels ( even the good hold fashion Humbrol's metal range seems to become just muddy sh** now ... :salute: : ), I used aluminum powder from SNJ and mixed it with the "medium glacis" and "medium mat" from Prince August/Vallejo.

P1141022.jpg

CopiedeP1141023a.jpg

P1141027.jpg

What do you think of the result ?

And yes, the "trigger guard" rod at the top of joystick is gone.....hopefully I could find it, crawling around the floor.... was not yet ravened by the carpet monster...

This beauty is a very temperamental thing...nothing happens as you want it to be.

Again lots of trouble to conquer Eduard's pre-peinted seat harness (they really need to improve the paint and softness of the material used, or I'm the poorest modeller around for that...)......my first attempt is half gone to garbage, due to a cyano-glue mess and those never ending paint scratches......seems everything I touch goes wrong thoses days..... :D

Hope to post some pics when it will come back on the right rack, if not gone mad before.... :rofl:

Dang....sorry to hear of all the frustrating aspects Eduard is posing for this stunning build. Have they changed the thickness of their etched parts, thus making them less pliable than before or something?

I'm back with some update.

A picture of my first experiments with these troublesome harness, it messed up quickly...the paint already goes of

P1131015.jpg

I'll not tell you how many times it was touched-up again and again....but it's finally done!

The finished sidewalls with throttle, handlevers etc....

CopiedeP1221032.jpg

CopiedeP1221020.jpg

CopiedeP1221021.jpg

CopiedeP1221026.jpg

( the background color change was to see the effect on the pics colors and contrast ...but needed touch-up anyway for better color balance... )

Stop on the detailing madness, that's already to much for what will be actually seen...

Merci beaucoup for these kind comments.

Today, a good news and a bad one.

I'll begin with the bad..........

Didn't notice before finishing, the "vent" under the belly was not glued at it"s right place; after long consideration, it was finally cut of

P1271020.jpg

Hopefully, no damage to make it fit the proper place and I could had some engraving ( note the "very high-tech tools"...but nicely efficient and almost for free) ...

P1271021b.jpg

P1271022a.jpg

The gunsight is somewhat crude and really to close to the dashboard..... a little carving and some tiny bits for detailling ( luckily, it's not in 1/72nd scale...), will take care of that ...

P1271025.jpg