once you've done the "grooves" you stretch the sprue like a normal "sprue stretchin" on the flame and just pulling???the grooves stay there?dont disappear?

No, it will not disappear, just reduce in size accordingly, that's the magic of the process.

An exagonal shape will stretch as this, ( usefull for making some bolts in any sizes ), tubes will stretch as tubes, even if under a half of a millimeter....biplane wires with a true to scale airfoil profile... :thumbsup:

How to make those grooves straight.....well, hard to explain, pics would be better I guess ( maybe later in Tools 'n' Tips ).

Cut gently over your lines with the blade, again and again, but you could also use a ruler as a guide...I found easier to go just by hand.

You can go in the reverse motion also, to trace them more sharply ( this time with an old, pointless blade, or the sharp pointed tip may "sink" and skid anytime....messy and dangerous for fingers around ).

I then used a fine triangular file, that cuts the grooves into the lines ( not very straight at first, that's normal, but you can rectify that at this stage, as you go deeper and wider, the "cuting edge" of this kind of files, in a "go and comes" movement, should do that well )

Of course, the larger plastic rod you'll find is the better for that, flaws will disappear after stretching ( mine was around 5 millimeters, sure that helps ! ).

A little thing to note: if you want thin rods, eat at a point and stretch....as usual, but if you want a thicker rod kind as a result, eat a wider zone ( move the flame if necessary ) and stretch more slowly; practice before on normal sprues, till you master the effect as you wish.

Hope that long explanation is not too boring. :cheers:

Edited by Griffin

FANTASTIC!!!!NOW EVERYTHING IS PERFECTLY CLEAR!!!!!!!!

thanks griffin...thanks a lot!!!

this will surely help me out in doing great stuff!!!hope to see soon some WIP's of your superb work as well!!!

Cheers and tthank you so much again and dont worry,it wasnt boring at all...absolutely fantastic explanation!!!

:thumbsup: