I'm looking to clean up my workbench area. Tools are strewn everywhere. When I clean up and put everything in my tool box, things are not easily accessible (I have to dig to find stuff). Is there a table top solution to store hand tools like pliers, picks, tweezers, glues, puttys, sanding sticks, screwdrivers, sculpting tools, etc.? Ideally, I'd like something that I could wall mount so I can maximize my work space.

I'm looking to clean up my workbench area. Tools are strewn everywhere. When I clean up and put everything in my tool box, things are not easily accessible (I have to dig to find stuff). Is there a table top solution to store hand tools like pliers, picks, tweezers, glues, puttys, sanding sticks, screwdrivers, sculpting tools, etc.? Ideally, I'd like something that I could wall mount so I can maximize my work space.

yes Hobby Lobby has a real good brush and tool caddy ( and it spins)

There's a toolbox and then there are tool boxes.

benchleftlight.jpg

newyearcleanshop.jpg

In my bench top boxes I keep painting supplies and airbrushes (upper) and my tools (lower). The roll cab hold various tools, tapes, sandpaper and other things I need handy yet protected from dirt and debris. Here's my top drawer of my roll cab the quick grab items.

topdrawer.jpg

Sears makes some good tool boxes, I try to catch them on sale or watch their dented/scratched items. I keep my shop door closed and locked when the little grandkids are around, but if your modeling area isn't secured with a door, you can lock the boxes.

QUOTE(Hawkeye's Hobbies @ Jan 15 2008, 01:02 PM)

You still need the discipline to put the tools and supplies away after your done with them!

and who sells that???

i think hannants have it in their new releases for 2008. might be a bit pricy though!