Request for Ideas from WolfPak

Brian:

Two different companies. I have WolfPaK Decals No "c". Seems everyone wants conversion kits but as stated in my first post at this time I'm only looking at doing stores and pods. My resin line to avoid confusion will have the trade name of Spectre Model Aircraft Accessories.Always looking for references and would appreciate any on the P-3.

Regards,

Mark

WolfPak Decals

Spectre Model Aircraft Accessories

Brian:

Two different companies. I have WolfPaK Decals No "c". Seems everyone wants conversion kits but as stated in my first post at this time I'm only looking at doing stores and pods. My resin line to avoid confusion will have the trade name of Spectre Model Aircraft Accessories.Always looking for references and would appreciate any on the P-3.

Regards,

Mark

WolfPak Decals

Spectre Model Aircraft Accessories

What do you need reference-wise for the P-3?

This is not technically weapons or decals related, but I would love to see a resin update set for the Revell

1-48 B-1B Lancer. All of the various antennes and scoops ect.

I'll take that further and suggest a B-1A backdate set and decals to go with it. I love the bright white scheme with that huge striped test boom. An optional part would be the extended spine seen on the camo'd bird.

Chappie

All in 1/72nd:

B-52 cockpit sets, going from B-52D to H.

B-52 canopy replacements, early and late style

B-52 bomb bay (They are all quite common I think, exept for the fuse attachment points. but that's easy to convert...)

B-52 bombbay conventional bombracks 5 row for the Mk 82 loadout (B-52D specific?) and the usual 3 row racks

B-52 landing gear compartments

I hope there are more people interested in B-52 stuff here...

F-4 seamless intakes (Revell/hasegawa)

F-16 seamless intakes (for Revell)

F-15 seamless intakes

F-15E CFT with pylons

A-10A landing gear set

A-10C cockpit set

A-10 exterior update set like the GPS dome and other updates...

Typhoon F.2/T.1 cockpit set (for Revell)

Mirage 2000B/C/D/N cockpit set (for Italeri)

AGM-86C ALCMs

AGM-28A/B Hound Dog

Mk 82 GP/Mk 82 Snake eye/Mk 82 AIR

M-117 (AIR) bomb

all the frequent used LGBs

same for the JDAMs

B-61 nukes

other freefall nukes (for B-52s :D)

Matra 550 Magic 2

Various new European made rockets

AIM-9X

AMRAAMs, older Sidewinders, Phoenix, Sparrows... if sold cheaper then the Hasegawa weapon sets

Cold war Russian A-A rockets as replacement for various Amodel bananas :yahoo:

By the way Pollie, Hobbydecal have released Korean Phantom decals on a quite nicely looking sheet, for camouflaged and grey F-4Ds, in 72nd, 48th and 32nd scale

Regards

Hello everyone, like it was mentioned earlier, it would be great to see some RAF Harrier weaponry for Ops Deny Fly and Telic such as:

BL.755, CPU-123 1000lbs LGBs, Alarm missiles, TIALD pod with pylon for Harrier/Tornado.

Also: CVER for Hornets and Vipers, GBU-32, and JSOW

Cheers

By the way Pollie, Hobbydecal have released Korean Phantom decals on a quite nicely looking sheet, for camouflaged and grey F-4Ds, in 72nd, 48th and 32nd scale

I have that sheet, but the Koreans have the F-4E and RF-4C in the inventory too! There is another sheet on the market, from Korean producer Bangiman productions, but it isn't the best print quality and it has the wrong badges for the RF-4C. It also doesn't have the low vis insignia.

In 1/72 scale, I can think of two kits that I’ve been waiting on decals to finish (and two kits that I’d gladly buy extra copies of provided decent decals were available). Namely, Academy’s Banshee and Tamiya’s F-84G.

I believe these are both widely available kits that are badly under-served by their decals. While decals have been produced for both, in the Banshee’s case they’re for all intents and purposes out of print, and in the Tamiya’s case, Aeromaster offered several -E sheets for a kit that doesn’t offer the difficult to scratch build –E brake.

A combined sheet of Banshees and G-model F-84’s would, more than likely, service the same market.

This is not technically weapons or decals related, but I would love to see a resin update set for the Revell

1-48 B-1B Lancer. All of the various antennes and scoops ect.

This would be nice, but I can think of 2 issues with this kind of update set

1.) IT would be about 25 pounds of resin. The Bone needs a lot of work.

2.) You're gonna have to wait until my B-1 is done. I always knew that someone would release a drop-fit resin update as soon as I finished scratchbuilding everything :thumbsup:

I'm probably going to attract a lot of flak here... but why oh why are people continuing to ask for stuff that's ALREADY AVAILABLE?!

E.g. -

SNIPER and LITENING pods - both available in resin in 1/72nd scale

F-84G sheets - Experts Choice

B-52 - wait and see what the Cutting Edge sets contain!

F-15E pylons etc - I believe a set is either already available or planned - or there's always the Airfix kit!

Personally, I'd like to see some of the current weapons, as few if any are available - e.g. Small Diameter Bomb, AGM-154 JSOW.

Also, how about "proper" full Pave Penny, Pave Tack and Pave Knife pods?

Had another decal idea that would work in 72 and 48- Keesler WC-130Js. I might be able to get some photos if they send one to Andrews for the open house. Don't know much about the exterior mods other than the new Stepped-Frequency Microwave Radiometer (SFMR), which is mounted under the aircraft's right wing. This pod sorta looks like a fuel tank pylon. It continuosly measures the winds at the ocean's surface directly below the aircraft.

Chappie

How about some older (Vietnam era) ECM pods, like the ALQ-71V-2, ALQ-71V-3, ALQ-72, ALQ-87/87A, ALQ-87F (3 & 4 can versions), ALQ-101A, ALQ-101(V)-8, and some European ECM pods. I would love those in 1/72, 1/48 & 1/32 scale.

Larry

I don't think you guys realize this is a request from Mark at Wolfpak decals in the US, not the Korean resin company of the same name, he's looking for decal ideas not resin, just to clarify...HTH. :D

Jeff

I don't think you guys realize this is a request from Mark at Wolfpak decals in the US, not the Korean resin company of the same name, he's looking for decal ideas not resin, just to clarify...HTH. :D

Jeff

Read his original post:

"Additionally I am exploring starting a line of resin ordnance. This line for now would be limited to just ordnance and pods. Anything you can hang under a wing. Let me know what you would like as well. These products would be engineered with solids software and mastered using stereo-lithography.

Mark"

HTH :D

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the ideas.

Chappie:

Which paint scheme for the WC-130J? The original aircraft grey or the new air mobility grey one? Wonder how many of you gents would like to see decals for a Hurricane Hunter?

Jefropas:

Haven't forgot you. Next release in 1/72.

Suprised no one has asked for the SHARP or TARS pods?

Mark

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the ideas.

Chappie:

Which paint scheme for the WC-130J? The original aircraft grey or the new air mobility grey one? Wonder how many of you gents would like to see decals for a Hurricane Hunter?

Hard to tell. I got this idea from the new issue of Code One. There are no good exterior photos, except of the SFMR. From this picture it looks like a low-viz paint scheme. High-viz WC-130Bs and WC-130Hs would be cool too.

Actually, this could be a potential history sheet, albiet a large sheet! Accroding to the article the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron has flown WB-17s, WB-29s, WB-50s & WB-47s. In 1962 the Hurricane Hunters switched to the WC-130B and then onto WC-130Hs in the mid-60s. Operations in the J-model began in 2003 and started flying into hurricanes full-time in Sept 2005.

BTW- they flew the WB-47 for 10 years, but they could only fly the Stratojet around the edge of a hurricane.

Chappie

That Hurricane hunter which was at Fairford '04 would be fine for me :blink:

I had that thought also for the first C-130J release of Italeri which is laying around without a subject.

And maybe you could give a full set of C-130H/J markings with an update in resin for the main landing gear nacelles, the intake on the right side underneath the cockpit and square windowed parajumper doors in front of the cargodoor.

The history sheet on weather aircraft would be cool to. didn't read the previous post to thorough :doh:

Ahum, would buy that instantly :)

Edited by Fiddler
How about some older (Vietnam era) ECM pods, like the ALQ-71V-2, ALQ-71V-3, ALQ-72, ALQ-87/87A, ALQ-87F (3 & 4 can versions), ALQ-101A, ALQ-101(V)-8, and some European ECM pods. I would love those in 1/72, 1/48 & 1/32 scale.

Larry

Don't forget the ALQ-88 seen on some RF-4Bs. I'd also like to see the MXU-648 travel pods in all scales. Oh, and can we have some 1/72nd F-4 outer pylons without tanks (it's awfully expensive buying Fujimi kits for these!)

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the ideas.

Suprised no one has asked for the SHARP or TARS pods?

Mark

Okay, I had given up on anybody doing ANYTHING recce related, but I am DEFINITELY interested in SHARP pods, TARS pods, and any other recce pods you can do.

Larry